My first Louis!!! Pics and question... dimpling/crookedness??

Hopefully the people at the store take to the idea more kindly than my boyfriend, who keeps yelling at me that I'm stupid and "can't handle having expensive things"! Ugh! He thinks I am overanalyzing and (1) that it will go away with use/stuffing, (2) even if it doesn't, the bag is still fine.

Okay, firstly it's not a guarantee that it will go away with use/stuffing, imagine having to poke that little bit out every time you take the bag out with you =.=

Second, you paid good money for that bag and it should be exactly how you want it to be....perfect....more so since it's your very very first LV and therefore a lot more special :smile:

And seriously, if my bf called me stupid and said I can't handle having expensive things...he'll be getting THE cold shoulder, cold enough to scare a polar bear, for at least 1 week...bfs should be encouraging not demeaning...IMHO

PS. I'm sure you'll handle LV well enough :biggrin:

It wouldn't bother me personally. My 25 has some wrinkling at the seems but it's kinda charming. I'd probably keep it and start using it but that's just me. It's your first, and Louis isn't cheap, so you gotta love it. Also, I buy floor models all the time. The store usually only has so many of each style, and they can't usually get more stock until they sell what they have, so I just buy it while I can whether floor model or not.

If you're not happy, I'd exchange it!

Did you go to the LV in the Mall at Millenia? I have purchased from that location when we travel to Orlando and I can pm you an SA's name if you'd like.

Congrats on your 1st LV!

I know, he is not being very nice, ha. Plus, while this is my first Louis, I do have a few other nice bags (including my Ferragamo which = more $$$ than this Speedy!) But for some reason I never thought to carefully inspect those other bags in the same way... I guess because there aren't as many fakes floating around, so less worry over making sure my "real" purse is 100% flawless. :P

The wrinkle does relax with a bit of pressure, but it doesn't stay that way.

Here are some better pictures:

screenshot20100315at114.png

(Bird's eye view... note the dimple... and a small bit of red poking out above it!)

screenshot20100315at114.png

(Diagonal view! You can see the dimple again, AND some mini-dimples on the other side.)

screenshot20100315at114y.png

(Same view from before, better quality pic.)

Honestly, while it is slightly annoying, it doesn't completely ruin the bag for me (YET). I'm a little nervous that if/when I exchange it, I will just find something wrong with bag #2, but based on your recommendations I definitely plan to visit the store and at least get an in-person look at how the bag SHOULD be... and go from there! I am sure if none of the others are wrinkled like this, I am going to go ahead and exchange...

Shoegirl: I would LOVE to get a SA recommendation for Millenia! That would be absolutely wonderful, thanks so much!

Congrats on the beautiful bag. That's 2nd on my wishlist. However, if your not happy and are questioning it EXCHANGE IT!! That dimple would drive me bonkers! I like my bags to my perfection. You can exchange it you have 30 days. Look at a few to get your "perfect" one. Don't settle for mediocre (if i spelled that right). Good luck.

Are you sure the dimpling is not from it being folded. I own 3 speedy bags and 2 of them came folded and in the beginning, before the folds began to fall out, there were dimples in the canvas along the seams. If you stuff the bag do the dimples disappear. Totally Stuff it with bubble wrap, plastic bags or clean towels/tee shirts to see if they disappear. I bet you its from simply being folded and if this is the case, they will disappear once you begin carrying weight in the bag. You can do the test first filling it with the bubble wrap, pasltic bags or towels and if they are still present, then exchange it. I know mine had dimples in the very beginning. It does take a while too for the folds to totally disappear. If you are uncomfortable or wish not to take the chance of them indeed hoping to come out, then exchange it. Good Luck!

I LOVE that bag - what a perfect first!

Now for the dimple - if it really bothers you, like it seems it does, exchange it.
Its now going to GROW on you, and if it bothers you right off the bat, it probably will do so for a looong time.

I don't think it takes away any of the beauty of the bag though, so if you don't - it's still a gorgeous Bag!
If it was mine, I wouldn't have minded, as it seems most Speedys have some of this "dimpling" along the seams.

Congratulations on your first!

Are you sure the dimpling is not from it being folded. I own 3 speedy bags and 2 of them came folded and in the beginning, before the folds began to fall out, there were dimples in the canvas along the seams. If you stuff the bag do the dimples disappear. Totally Stuff it with bubble wrap, plastic bags or clean towels/tee shirts to see if they disappear. I bet you its from simply being folded and if this is the case, they will disappear once you begin carrying weight in the bag. You can do the test first filling it with the bubble wrap, pasltic bags or towels and if they are still present, then exchange it. I know mine had dimples in the very beginning. It does take a while too for the folds to totally disappear. If you are uncomfortable or wish not to take the chance of them indeed hoping to come out, then exchange it. Good Luck!

This is excatly what I was going to say. See if you can get the dimple put over the next few days. No bag is ever perfect. However if you do exchange make sure you check the other one out throughly. Congrats on the new bag. PS> Don't let your BF ever call you stupid.

Congrats on the bag it is gorgeous.. but if I were in your shoes I would feel like I wanted one without the dimples as well. I'm very obsessive over anything with my bags that might be a little imperfect lol I'm sure they will give you a new one with no problems.. Good Luck and keep us updated :smile: