My first Louis!!! Pics and question... dimpling/crookedness??

testarossa

Mar 15, 2010
Hey all! First post... first Louis! I am loving my Damier Speedy 25... it is just what I wanted. :yahoo: But I do have a couple questions for the more experienced LVers!

First, the SA tried to give me the "floor model"... is this normal? I thought it was a little odd, as the floor bag did show some wear and tear. Anyway, I got her to give me a new one all folded up, but I didn't get to look at it until I left the store.

Well, it seems preeeetty much flawless... but I did notice some dimpling canvas/crooked piping on the sides of the bag. Pics:

photoig.jpg

photo1vt.jpg

See it, lurking there on the top left? Both sides of the bag have this peculiar little dimple on the top left... is this normal or should I ask for an exchange? The photos on the LV website show perfectly smooth piping with no dimples or wrinkles in the canvas, which would definitely be ideal, but if most of the bags out there are dimpled then I can live with it. :smile:

I Actually have been known to ask for the floor model simply because they are usually perfect. I don't mind that they've been handled especially on a damier bag. If it bothers you, I'd exchange.

Hmm... thankfully I will be headed back there (Orlando) in time to make the 14-day requirement. Yeah, the SA wasn't great, and unfortunately I didn't know to ask for a line-up of bags to choose from...

Might anybody elaborate on their opinion to exchange it? I mean... I could tell it was an imperfection but some of the replies seem pretty heated! Is it really bad?

Hmm... thankfully I will be headed back there (Orlando) in time to make the 14-day requirement. Yeah, the SA wasn't great, and unfortunately I didn't know to ask for a line-up of bags to choose from...

Might anybody elaborate on their opinion to exchange it? I mean... I could tell it was an imperfection but some of the replies seem pretty heated! Is it really bad?

I think that you could simply say that you're uncomfortable with the wrinkling/dimples, and would like another :smile:.

Also, yes, it is common for them to give you the floor model.

In the picture there is one that almost looks like a hole. Kind of like when you skip a button on your shirt, I personally would not want that. Maybe it does not look so bad IRL, but in the picture, it looks bad.

Thanks everyone! It is great to get so much helpful advice!

I just hope the exchange goes smoothly (if I end up doing it)... I am only going to be stopping in Orlando en route to a wedding, so I don't really have time for extensive shenanigans! But I am glad to have the opportunity to exchange it, at least. I live four hours away and I am a busy grad student, so ordinarily this wouldn't be possible.

Hopefully the people at the store take to the idea more kindly than my boyfriend, who keeps yelling at me that I'm stupid and "can't handle having expensive things"! Ugh! He thinks I am overanalyzing and (1) that it will go away with use/stuffing, (2) even if it doesn't, the bag is still fine.

The shirt-button analogy is a pretty accurate one. It just feels like some of the canvas is "bunched up" in that corner. The pics might make it look worse than it is though, because in the pics it is like a big black gaping hole... IRL it has the appearance of a wrinkle and in some light, a small shadow. It is definitely visible to me, but not as OMG-apparent as in the pics.

I'm going to try to take some more pics and see if I can capture it more accurately!

Thanks again for the advice/congrats! Despite the issue I am still really excited to have my first Louis, finally!

You mean you cannot push the dimple out from the inside of the bag? My speedy is almost 2 years old and the piping is still pushed into my bag at times making the canvas dimpled, I have to push it out before I use it....

Now that I look at it more... it's almost as if the craftsman missed a stitch or two and pushed the canvas to meet the right holes again... ack.

I Actually have been known to ask for the floor model simply because they are usually perfect. I don't mind that they've been handled especially on a damier bag. If it bothers you, I'd exchange.

I never tought of it that way but thats so true. Might as well always ask for ther floor model then !

OP : if it bugs you, exhange it!