My first Louis... and I'm so overwhelmed I don't know what to do!

lkittylkat

O.G.
Nov 5, 2008
My fiancee and I took a family vacation this weekend to Dallas... (we have no LV stores in Oklahoma.. so sad) and I had my heart set on buying my first LV - Eva!! Unfortunately... the first LV store we went to, the SA told me that there is a worldwide shortage and the closest Eva to me would be in Houston (which would have been impossible for me)

So, instead I took home the Idylle Romance... big price difference!

Don't get me wrong the bag was beautiful but I could not help but feel guilty for not buying something more "classic" LV for that price... (especially since I have no idea when I will be making that large of a purchase for myself again!) We then stopped by another mall on the way home and exchanged it for the Tivoli GM, which I thought I loved until a woman brought in her Etoile bag to be cleaned!!

Being my first LV experience I was so overwhelmed! Her bag was gorgeous but there was already a line developing behind me to check out the bad I just purchased... I thought we were going through a recession but obviously LV is doing quite well!! lol

Somebody please tell me I made a good selection... or should I attempt to exchange it for an etoile bag? The SA made it sound almost impossible to find so I didn't want to risk losing another gorgeous bag!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1800692&id=1031771726

Attachments

• louis.jpg
    louis.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 190
Will you be allowed another exchange? The Etoile is gorgeous but like you said you're after a classic piece right? I think the Tivoli is already the bag I'd go for or even a Gal. I honestly find the Etoile too pricey for a monogram bag too.

Return it! The SA at the LV store said that more stock will be coming in after the new year, so maybe you should wait and get what you really want instead of settling. NEVER settle for a bag! If you even have an ounce of regret, take it back!

I agree the SA looked up the prices for me and they are indeed pricey. I already went way out of my price range when I jumped from Eva to Tivoli. The material felt so different though I didn't know if the quilted Etoile bags are softer? Or do they all soften that way?

Return it! The SA at the LV store said that more stock will be coming in after the new year, so maybe you should wait and get what you really want instead of settling. NEVER settle for a bag! If you even have an ounce of regret, take it back!

OOOh let me tell you I was SOO tempted to wait but I've waited so long I just refused to leave Dallas without one! I do love my Tivoli but the Etoile was just gorgeous!! I don't know.. it may be too late anyway we bought it yesterday but we live so far away from any boutique.. and not to mention the price... eek!

OOOh let me tell you I was SOO tempted to wait but I've waited so long I just refused to leave Dallas without one! I do love my Tivoli but the Etoile was just gorgeous!! I don't know.. it may be too late anyway we bought it yesterday but we live so far away from any boutique.. and not to mention the price... eek!

What about the etoile wallet to go with your new bag? I have the compact one and love it. Congrats on your new bag!

Last edited:
What about the etoile wallet to go with your new bag? I have the compact one and love it. Congrats on your new bag!

I was just thinking I should call them tomorrow to exchange it... but you actually have a WAYY BETTER idea!! That way I don't have to wait... and how did I forget I need a wallet!? THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Ooohhhh....keep Tivoli!! My friend has the PM version and she loves it and gets compliments everytime she uses it. Get an Etoile wallet to accompany your bag :smile: Good luck. Tivoli GM looks great btw.

I love LOVE my Tivoli. She's my favorite. Easy to get into!! Looks classy, fits everything and I get so many compliments. Good choice. I have an Eva too, but it's for dinner out. Tivoli is perfect!!
I hope you love it!!

I was just thinking I should call them tomorrow to exchange it... but you actually have a WAYY BETTER idea!! That way I don't have to wait... and how did I forget I need a wallet!? THANK YOU THANK YOU!

LOL. I'm awful. It is such an awesome wallet. It is so soft and squishy that I just want to squeeze it. It makes me so happy. You'll have to do another reveal if you get one. Good luck!

We then stopped by another mall on the way home and exchanged it for the Tivoli GM, which I thought I loved until a woman brought in her Etoile bag to be cleaned!!
LV cleaned her bag??? :shocked::weird: How sad is that out of your entire post, this part popped out at me. LOL

Etoile really is gorgeous. I am also curious if the canvas really is soft as the LV website claims. :P BTW i totally agree with the wallet idea. It's brilliant!!

Last edited: