My First Little Scarf Reveal!

Feb 10, 2007
Hello my Friends, I took my sojourne to the City yesterday, got home late, and now am ready to show off my first silk Hermes pieces. I couldn't sleep before I left and kept waking up last night wondering if I was dreaming.... Nope....

I must thank Lala of course for "encouraging" me to broaden my H love to silks...just what I need, another obsession. It was her Reve de Corail that took my breath away and I knew I had to have this scarf!! I called my sa and she said there were three in the "system." Off I went.....to find that there are NONE available in the US. The three are in the damaged bin, and not available. But, picking myself up off the floor, I decided to persevere and choose my first Hermes scarf!

Okay, I know I am not winning the Pulitzer or an Oscar or anything, but I must give credit to the most incredible Tango, who absolutely mesmerized me into Scarfy World after I had seen Lala's Reve de Corail, and READ Tango's Circus thread. She is amazing as all of you know. :heart: Can I also say that:hugs: Frou Frou, Vn Soie, Bienchen, Arabesques, Pieriniz, Pussywillow, Austinmamadrama, Vertanis, Ladybaga, Scarf Addict, Iris J, and Mindi B have enabled me as I read their posts daily as I lurk in the scarf of the day thread! If you all send me $100.00, your buddy dues will be paid for the week! :lolots:

I only wanted one, first scarf. It was important to pick the perfect FIRST as you all can imagine! My first turned into THREE silk twill 90s.

First: I love Mexico. Not the Mexico you read about in the papers, about the poverty and crime, and war lords. The Mexico that I have loved for a decade--"my" beautiful resort, with the wonderful people and vendors and iguanas and sun and sand!

Number One Din Tini!!

Attachments

• Scarves 001 (Medium).JPG
    Scarves 001 (Medium).JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Scarves 002 (Medium).JPG
    Scarves 002 (Medium).JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Scarves 012.JPG
    Scarves 012.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Scarves 015.JPG
    Scarves 015.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 176
I am a gypsy at heart. I love beads and jingling things (it makes we laugh when I read about how some women glue the ring on their CDC down so it won't make sound...the tink tink is music in my world) and flowing clothes, lots of long hair, and the IDEA of being a gypsy. When I saw this silky, I knew my decision was going to be tough since to me, it looks like beads and tapestry and filgree--girly and flowy and in my head, gypsy-esc.

Number Two: Doigts de Fee

Attachments

• Scarves 006.JPG
    Scarves 006.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Scarves 014.JPG
    Scarves 014.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 153
  • Scarves 004 (Medium).JPG
    Scarves 004 (Medium).JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 154
And finally, the silky that symbolizes my venture into wearing Hermes scarves! I could easily just look at them only--as they are forms of art, but I must use them! Why this scarf? It is different for Hermes; it is a "new" look for Hermes and I know that many of the traditionalists probably dislike/detest this scarf. BUT for me, this scarf segues into my new world of scarves just as Graff transitions for Hermes. It is bold, alert, and the story behind it is imo, a little edgy and brandishes change. So here she is: my third, "first" scarf: Graff!

Attachments

• Scarves 003 (Medium).JPG
    Scarves 003 (Medium).JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Scarves 009 (Medium).JPG
    Scarves 009 (Medium).JPG
    216 KB · Views: 145
  • Scarves 010 (Medium).JPG
    Scarves 010 (Medium).JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Scarves 011.JPG
    Scarves 011.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 145
Thank you for letting me share such a special day with you all--the few who understand as my dh and ds-one and d-two do not. They will listen to me with glazed over eyes and do their best to pretend that they care. I must say, when I brought home my first Birkin, they were very interested to see "the bag" that cost "a million" dollars, and that I had been obsessing over...but after that, as they say....nothing can top it. True. Only an exotic Kelly could do that and she is not in my stars! And that is okay! I've got scarves now!

And please dear friends, if anyone knows about a Reve de Corail for sale (any colorway at this point) please pm me as she is the girl that really resonates in me. :heart::heart::heart:

Lala posted a delightful Leaning Tower of Pisa Hermes style. It was 22 feet high! :giggles: Here is one of my "Pisas" 1.5 feet high! :giggles:

Attachments

• Scarves 016.JPG
    Scarves 016.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited: