My first Legacy.. but in black or walnut?

kayyle

O.G.
Aug 1, 2008
I've never really paid much attention to the Legacy line before.. but being on tPF so much lately, of course I'd come around sooner or later! :yes:

I have fallen in love with the '07 Legacy Shoulder bag #11127! I'm normally a big bag person, but occasionally I like to give my shoulders and back a break from haulin my bag of bricks around :P

I reeeeeally am stuck with the colour choice: Black or Walnut?
I must say it was pictures of the black that initially struck my fancy..and I do need a black handbag...but..

Okay lets simplify to avoid massive rambling:
Walnut>Can buy off local seller (=cheaper + no wait time for shipping)
Black> What I first decided on.. Longer Wait time & don't know if I'll actually like black in person-- I usually prefer pebbled/textured black leather (some pics of '07 look very shiny)

What do you prefer? What are your opinions?

Some borrowed pics attached (A Walnut one from tPf'er :smile:)

Attachments

• 3853038-alegacy-5.jpg
    3853038-alegacy-5.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Walnut4.jpg
    Walnut4.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 62
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 41
  • smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Definitely walnut. I had that bag in walnut(sealant couldn't be fixed), and it was freakin' gorgeous. I have a black Legacy Gigi, and I love it too. The Gigi is the only Legacy bag I prefer in black. I really don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

In this bag I'd say Walnut. It's so pretty in that color. I'd try it on too, it's heavier than it looks and the straps not quite long enough in my opinion. I think that's why a lot of people put extenders on the strap. It's a beautiful bag though :smile:

I have this bag in black and love it. I also have the Bridget and Luci in Walnut...it is a nice rich color and very pretty also. I agree with the above comment that you certainly won't be disappointed!

I hate the waiting too, but I have this bag in Walnut and it is my favorite! So it may just be worth the wait!

it's actualy the black I'd have to wait for if I picked black!
Walnut I'd be able to get by the end of today since I found a local posting for it

But I'm so gosh-darn wishy washy about colour choices :shrugs:..
From what everyone has said so far, right now I'm leaning towards walnut.. seller's pictures of the walnut look like its got lil scratches here and there even though it's NWT. It's natural though right??

I have this bag in walnut. I actually prefer this style in that color. I had the opportunity to get the black also but passed to get the leigh in black. BTW I also have the leigh in walnut.

The walnut color has more depth to it. Different tones in the leather, fading scratches, new scratches. It's beautiful and vintage-looking.

The black doesn't show scratches, except on the leather around the turnlock. It is a much more opaque, solid color. Beautiful as well. Low maintenance if you are worried about color transfer, scratches, scuffs, etc.

My two cents: get both!

Thank you everyone for your responses!
I ended up getting the walnut the very same day!
I LOVE IT :yahoo

I think the size it just right for me, the straps aren't too short at all and the space fits my junk. I carry big bags so often that I guess I start to think I carry around more stuff than I actually do!

It does have a bit of weight to it, but I'm use to carrying heavy bags on my shoulders so I don't mind too much.
Anyhoo I have yet to actually carry it around and use it day to day .. but first impression: :tup:

Last edited:
Yes, legacy shows surface scratches. You can usually blend them with your finger or use apple to blend them away.

The Walnut I got did have alot of surface scratches, I've appled the bag (first time using Apple conditioner!) and I'm surprised at how dark it makes the leather, which I don't mind, but does it lighten?

The walnut color has more depth to it. Different tones in the leather, fading scratches, new scratches. It's beautiful and vintage-looking.

The black doesn't show scratches, except on the leather around the turnlock. It is a much more opaque, solid color. Beautiful as well. Low maintenance if you are worried about color transfer, scratches, scuffs, etc.

My two cents: get both!

haha that is funny, my thoughts following handling the bag and trying it on was "I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!"

I think you should go with the black especially if that is your hearts desire you will end up regretting it if you pass on it

I don't know if its just my excitment/disbelief over liking a new bag so much..(I've seen this bag in pics many times but never thought twice, didn't even like it!).. or I've caught some Coach Craze bug.. but I think I'm going to get black too.
I'm going to keep an eye on the auctions and hopefully score one for a good price.

I see all these collection pictures of people with several colours in one style and I use to think it's crazy, but now I know how it feels :rolleyes:

Just can't get enough!!