My First K <3 Story & Instant Reveal! (Long Post)

A great outcome. Thank you for the interesting story presented without delay.
It was interesting that the SA was upfront about what you needed to spend with the certainty of getting the bag. I don't like the practice, but to my mind, better to have spent the money on Hermes goods (with that return going to Hermes) than paying a premium to a reseller with nothing, other than an inflated price for the bag in return.

Happy birthday! What a wonderful story. I love the bag. Great choice. I always appreciate an SA who’s upfront about the requirements before being offered a bag. It’s wonderful that you could just buy the things that were already on your wishlist. You would have spent that amount for a new bag from a reseller.

Hi everyone,

I am over the moon and can't wait to share with you what I scored during my recent trip to Seoul, Korea! WARNING* long story below....

Some background story - I remember I purchased my first H item (H bracelet) when I was 18. Since then, I would purchase small items from H here and there but it was never anything crazy, usually just accessories and jewellery and nothing above $1000. Then, two years ago, for me and hubby's 3rd year (dating) anniversary, he bought me a Kelly wallet (electric blue) because my Chanel wallet of 5 years was getting worn out and he decided to get me something special to replace it. I love it so much and baby and cherish it. But it was also the beginning of my obsession towards H's leather goods. I've been looking and lusting over the birkins, kellys and constances in this forum and instagram since some years ago, but at the time I thought that purchasing a purse for over 5 figures was insane and always thought to myself, "yeah, maybe one day.. when I am rich". So I just kept browsing and looking and even started a list of what I wanted as part of my collection, hoping that I can check them off my list one by one. Some time went by and my first Hermes bag was when I went to Hawaii for my bachelorette - I came across a garden party in prune/agate bleu and purchased a twilly to match it. Then, when I browsed the Hermes US website, I came across a Herbag in electric blue and was about to put it in my cart, but it was gone almost instantly. I couldn't stop thinking about it since, but it never re-appeared on the website so I asked for the same bag through a personal shopper. Three weeks later, I had the bag shipped to me and I couldn't be happier.

My 25th birthday is coming up this April, and during me and hubby's honeymoon in Maldives, he asked me if there was anything I particular that I really wanted as he wanted to get me something extra special to celebrate my quarter century. I had something in mind, but thought it was too much to ask for, so I said no. But he always catches me browsing on purseforum and looking at kellys and constances. He told me that if I really wanted it, then he is happy to get it for me. I appreciated his offer, but i told him that "it's easier said than done," as we all know how hard it is to get your hands on one of these beauties. In fact, where I live (Vancouver) there is only one store in downtown, limited inventory, and I am not into the whole "purchasing all these useless items, just to please a sales associate in hopes that they would offer you a bag" thing. So, we finally decided to reach out to a reseller. I knew what I wanted. I was very specific. I wanted to get a K28 Retourne, Rouge Grenat, Togo leather in GHW. But it was tough still, because RG was a seasonal color from 2016. I asked the first reseller, and they didn't get back to me. I went to another one, and they said they didn't have it. I must have gone though 10 different resellers before I thought maybe I should give up - they all said the same thing - they didn't have it / can't get it. I didn't understand and I was so discouraged because I thought by paying the premium, I could get a color combo I wanted! I decided to take a break.

During the last week of February, I went to Seoul for my friend's bachelorette. Prior to Seoul, I did some research on TPF about potentially scoring a BKC in Seoul and read that it might be possible. So I told my best friend, who is also part of the bridal party, that perhaps the H fairy would give me blessing this trip.

Our itinerary was jam packed, so I only got to visit one store which was located in Gangnam. But it also happened to be one of the four flagship stores in the world. It was truly a beautiful store with 4 levels (basement being the cafe, which I really wanted to visit but did not have time). I was already extremely exhausted that day - we had a mini photoshoot and we were all dressed up in heels so I've been walking in heels the entire day and my feet were hurting so bad at that point. Despite that, my best friend and I were determined to visit this store and the walk to the store from where we were felt like forever.

Upon our visit, we were greeted by a gentleman who followed us around. We looked a couple of items, chatted with the SA who was very friendly and spoke Mandarin (he's Korean) and we got to know each other a little. I didn't want to pop the question right away as I feel that maybe it would be rude to do so. We first walked around on the ground floor, which I found a rose gold ring that I liked. We then visited the top floor, which was home accessories and we looked at some chinaware and ceramics. Our last stop was the leather goods. I have to say that the inventory at this store is amazing as there was so much to choose from. From constance wallets, to kellys, to a selection of bearns (mini or long) in exotics and non-exotics. They had everything! I tried on a lindy 26 which is also an item on my "wishlist" but it was green with croc strap, which isn't my cup of tea. He kindly asked if there was anything else we would like to see and that's when I saw the opportunity to ask if he happened to have a k28 or c18 in the store. He was very honest and upfront and told me that there is no way to get a constance at this time. Their store does not have the item and does not expect shipment. He also commented that it's extremely difficult to get hands on a constance now as it is such a hot item. HOWEVER, if I came back on March 2 (two days after my visit), they are expecting some kellys from Paris. BUT in order to be offered, I had to spend 85% of the bag's value, and wallets and bags cannot be included. What's the most amazing thing is that, he asked what color and what hardware I wanted and if I had specific leathers in mind. I asked if he had the rouge grenat coming and he confirmed that most likely not, as it was a seasonal color from the past. That's when I finally decided to move on, and told him that my next colors on my wishlist would be black with ghw, dark blue with ghw, or grey with phw. He gave me the vibe that those colors would be available, along with red, most likely rouge casaque. I was so excited but it was time to go. So we exchanged contacts and I told him that I would see him on the 2nd.

On the 2nd, I woke up early and got to the store by around 12 (they open at 11) from Myeongdong, which is where I was staying. He greeted me and told me that he had something special for me, most likely dark blue and gold hardware. But before he could show me the bag, I would have to choose the items that I would buy along with the kelly. So I took my time to select the items and the entire experience was so amazing because I felt like a baller (lol) and yes I am spending quite a bit, but the store had all the items in stock that I've been wanting for a long time. So really, this is just pushing me to get all the items I want in the first place at the same time, instead of separately. When I picked up the last item, which was H Heure watch, he told me that I have reached the 85% spending required (in fact I think I've touched 100%, but I was okay with it) and he told me to wait a little bit. In the meantime, they served us green tea.

The 5 minute wait felt like hours. My heart was beating when he told me that he was ready for me. He lead us to a private room and there I saw two sealed boxes. He carefully opened both and revealed a K25 sellier in indigo blue ghw epsom, and a K28 retourne in gris asphalte ghw evercolor leather. My best friend and I were in awe because in my mind we were like, "HE BROUGHT OUT TWO FOR ME TO CHOOSE?!!". I was felt soo grateful and I tried both on but was slightly disappointed that the gris asphalte wasn't in phw and wasn't in togo leather. He then said that he also had that available and brought it in. And I had 3 beautiful kellys sitting in front of me, waiting for me to bring one home. After struggling for a while, I ended up choosing...............

THE K25 SELLIER IN INDIGO BLUE!!! (picture attached)

My thought was that even though I had the k28 in mind to begin with, it didn't look as good on me as I expected as I have a smaller frame and the 28 actually looked a little bit big one me. Plus indigo blue is such a special color. And in GHW as well! Also, a k25 sellier was also something on my wishlist. If it were a k28 sellier, I probably wouldn't have taken it as a 28 retourne already looked a bit big on me, and sellier would look even bigger. And I realized that a k25 would be perfect to celebrate my 25th birthday!

What I learned from this whole experience was to never give up, and to always be patient. The H fairy listens and will give what you want, at the right time!

Thanks so much for letting me share :heart:

-leanneju
Beautiful Kelly! Congratulations