My first Ignes - Mini Emilia - which is the softest smooshiest leather?

sailornep5

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
So Lionlaw's 30% coupon mention brought me over here.....and I'm kind of digging the Mini Emilia! I have been trying to find the perfect red or brown or purple bag....and wondering if maybe the Emilia can fit one of those. :smile: However, as I've mentioned on past posts, I'm pretty picky about my leathers. They have to be soft and pettable - I love touching my bags! My current pet is a 2007 Agneau B-bag; but other soft faves have been the Bryna Nicole Vega, Lolli by Reincarnation Mudflap, Foley and Corinna City Bag, Bulga Butterfly. I've found of the Linea Pelle bags soft enough for me as well. Hopefully some of those bags will help you understand where I am coming from when I ask.....

....which leather should I pick for the Emilia? I keep seeing Tinted Chocolate as a highly recommended leather for softness, although the Cherry Red looks thick and smooshy too. Not so sure what the verdict is on softness of the Dark Purple or Aubergine colors. Any help? Thanks!

Hi!

Tinted leathers are very soft and smooshy. Those would work really well for what you are looking for.

For the cherry red, that is a very soft leather too. I have that as a wristlet and it is banged around in my bag, but the corners have worn great. I don't have a full size bag in it, but some of the girls here do or had, I think. I think it would be a nice choice for red.

I'm not up to speed on the purples, but don't think there is a tinted purple. The Royal Purple is distressed looking and seems to be soft, from looking at Sandy's Virginia thread reveal- she can pipe in on that, I'm sure.

Ms. Liz, Euridice and Gingeybear have had the lookbook too. I know they took updated photos for the reference thread too. They might be able to recommend something in purple though (or other shades as well b/c the leathers change frequently).

Which is your favorite LP? The Ignes tinted leathers are as soft and even more durable, but aren't quite as thick and squishy. Cherry is thick and squishy and soft but not the durability of tinted leathers. Mini Emilia would be fabulous in any of the leathers from those families, imo.

I currently have a Tinted Cocolate Mini Emilia (carried it today as a matter of fact) and it is seriously smooshy. I can smoosh it between my fingers and it is very soft. It is a very thin leather though (but super-durable and can take a beating), so if you like thick leather, you may not like this. I like it thin because it is also very lightweight.

I have a Cherry-Red Mini Emilia on the way, and it will be here this week. I'll let you know when I receive it how it compares.

Thanks guys for the quick input! Leather doesn't have to be thick, just pettable (my Bbag is thin but I love touching it nonetheless). So I'm happy to hear that I have many choices, and that maybe the Tinted Chocolate or Cherry Red are great options!

No Cute, I've never owned a LP but I've felt them up in stores. I think I've liked the black and tan leathers on the Dylan bags (not croc)? I apologize I don't know many of the names but I do know those bags along with some of their clutches are very soft. :smile:

Jane*Bond, I'd love to get a comparison between the Tinted Chocolate and Cherry Red! I've seen the pictures of the Tinted Chocolate ME already in another thread but it would be great to see the results in Cherry. Do share when you get it! Thanks!!

I'd go with a tinted leather too, either Tinted Chocolate or Tinted Wine. They're seriously soft and pettable, as I have a tendency to fondle my Tinted Wine bag on occasion too... :shame: Since thinness isn't an issue for you, I'd definitely recommend one of those two. Can't speak for Cherry Red as I've never seen it IRL, but I personally think you definitely can't go wrong with Tinted Choc or Tinted Wine! ;)

In my first response, I should have said WELCOME!!! Glad you found Ignes subforum!!!

If thickness isn't an issue for you, then I'd go tinted, but I tend to find my bags in awkward positions and easily scratched due to lifestyle (teacher and parent). Jane's bags will be a perfect comparison for you.

omg, yes, please get the suede lining!!! I thought, yes, this sounds nice, I look forward to it, but when I got it...I finally understood the fuss!! SO SOFT!! It's like lotion, only dry, of course, lol!

I have both tinted chocolate and cherry red. I recommend both. Cherry red is a dark red, has some pebbling, and is soft and lovely. So gorgeous! Tinted chocolate is smooth and shiny but shows some texture on the surface. It's a dark chocolate. It's strokable, but for me it's more pinchable! I love just squishing it between my thumb and forefinger. I have a Chiara that I have worn crossbody when travelling, and besides looking good, it just feels so great against me, very comfortable when travelling all over the place and tired and delayed in airports and stuff. I even used it as a pillow when lying down on a couch in India because I wasn't feeling so well.

I don't have as much experience with the cherry red, but it really is divine. Not smooth and shiny like the tinted chocolate, and I believe it is thicker than the tinted chocolate. I have a wristlet and had a millie max that was half cherry red and half red salmon ---gorgeous bag but the salmon did not work in this style. I am having that re-made into a Romy with the salmon on the flap. AND I am getting an all-cherry red Millie Max. omg, I can't wait.

You can't go wrong with either leather, it just depends on preferences nad what you are looking for.

sailornep5,

Now that I have both the Tinted Chocolate and Cherry Red Mini Emilia in my hands, I can say that hands down, the Tinted Chocolate is softer and more pettable.

Both are soft leathers, but the Tinted Chocolate feels much better when I shmoosh (is that a word?) in between my fingers and feels better when petting it. I can see myself needing to explain to someone why I was touching my bag constantly. :shame:

As Euridice mentioned, the Cherry Red is a pebbly leather, while the Tinted Chocolate is more shiny with some texture. Normally, I am a pebbled leather girl and don't like or do shiny, but the Tinted Chocolate is more special. The Cherry Red is thicker than the Tinted Chocolate and weighs a bit more (but certainly not heavy).

I took some close-up pictures of the two leathers. It does not compare to feeling them, but maybe they will be of some help? The first pic is Cherry Red, the second and third is tinted chocolate and the last two are side by side pics.

Oh, and to echo everyone else. If you are a petter, you MUST do a suede interior.

Attachments

• Mini-E 013.jpg
    Mini-E 013.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Mini-E 020.jpg
    Mini-E 020.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Mini-E 021.jpg
    Mini-E 021.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Mini-E 017.jpg
    Mini-E 017.jpg