My first Ignes bags.

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
I have just ordered my first Ignes bags!

A Salina in Dark purple w/ silver hw and Raspberry suede lining (and slightly reinforced)..also two make up bags..smaller version ...in Lipstick pink and Cherry red w/ the waterproof lining.

I have not read so many reviews of the Salina here though, but the zipper was a main factor getting this model.

Any of you got it??

I was thinking of getting one of the girls liking zipper bags one as well. But what leather??
I don't want a too soft type, a bit structure would be fine, and either a metal or in a uplifting colour ;)

Also the production time seems to be long..4 weeks getting made..then the shipping time...and paying in advance as well. Is this the normal procedure?

I must say Maria was a nice lady to speak with in general allthough the connection was not too good.

I hope the bag turns out good, since I did not see any swatches at all, but chancing it..haha

Congrats on your 1st bag. Remember it is being custom made , the waiting time is not that long if you think of it. You icked gorgeous colors. Lionlaw has a selina, maybe she can tell you about it.

Hi, Bonnie! Congrats! Yeah, coming from BE it is a bit different to pay the entire balance up front and then have a 4 week wait! But Ignes' customer service cannot be beat! I haven't minded paying up front for Ignes since it isn't quite as costly as BE and I don't need as much time to budget for Ignes as I do BE! LOL! I am very satisfied with my Ignes purchases though and have found Maria to always be very kind and helpful!

Lionlaw has a caramel Salina. I think if you do a search you'll find it. It looks lovely! For the other bag I'd recommend the new red (I think it's rouge), vintage pink, aubergine or celery. Any of those look like gorgeous colors! For metallic I think metallic gunmetal looks nice. I'm not sure of how structured they are but they can reinforce the bag as you know. I really like rouge and celery best but know that I'm not the type to carry a bag in those colors! :biggrin:

Congrats on your first Ignes! Here is I think thread TL was refering to http://forum.purseblog.com/ignes/double-tone-francis-royal-purple-ormala-salina-reveals-486107.html I believe it's the only Salina anyone on here has yet. It's a new style.

I just got my first bag that has Dark Purple, it's really beautiful It's pretty structured, so it will work well for the Salina I think. Here are a couple of pics, it's Royal Puple & Dark Purple.
DSC03297.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

What is the next style you're thinking of?

Thanks all!

Tl..Rouge...and Celery..wow some colourpops! And the Gunmetal looks nice as well. Do you know how they wear? I like the Celery actually, the Rouge I think my DIL will shy away from..it's a bit bold...haha

sillykitty.Thanks for the closeups and link.., now I'm sure I made good! The pictures on the website make you imagine what the colour is like!
I don't know which other model to choose to be honest. I prefer to carry bags crossbody but I do use bowler models at times and the Salina seems to look comfortable to carry on the shoulder with the long and flat straps....and of course the zipper made this choise easier for me !!

Also I'm curious to check out the quality as well.

Yes, I like celery a lot! I'm not sure how they were but so far most of Ignes's leathers have been great! Someone else may know or you could ask Maria. I'm excited about your first Ignes bag and can't wait to see how you like it!

Bonnie, I just ordered my first Ignes and it is dark purple too. I have never seen a Ignes in person either or the purple but it sounded like just the right color. I also got silver hardware and a mini ormala. I am hopeful coming from other brands like BE and gucci. I will probably get mine about the same time or a few days earlier. Excited and nervous, that is what I am. The price was right though.

lindacris..this was a funny! I hope too that the leather is a right choice for me. ..and since I can be very picky with the finish, I'm also waiting with some excitement..lol