My first HH....and it's a Havana!

viciel

Glendarroch
O.G.
Nov 9, 2006
But.....what color is this? I thought I was getting it in Yam, but it doesn't look like Coopers at all, the pictures are pretty accurate in terms of the color....any thoughts?

Yam or Not-So-Yam?

DH doesn't care for the color, but it's kinda growing on me....

The color confusion aside, what an adorable bag!!! It's such a lightweight bag, LOVE IT! I:heart:HH:yahoo:

Attachments

• HavanaFront3.jpg
    HavanaFront3.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Looks like a peach to me!! It's gorgeous! Congrats

Thank you:smile: .....Peach? Like Blush....That's what I thought too....I've seen the Yam IRL from afar and it seems much more like a burnt orange color instead of this.....I've sent an email to the seller about it, maybe she sent me the wrong one by accident.

Don't think that is yam... Peach or blush would be a good way of describing it, though I'm not sure which of those is a color HH has actually put out. lol So I don't know the technical name for the color, no...
It's a great bag! I wouldn't send it back, haha

This is most definitely Blush. I love the thin, soft leather...gorgeous bag!

I saw a Blush Havana (on a web site) listed as Yam. This particular website had another bag with the wrong color and I emailed them and mentioned it but they never responded and they didn't change the name either so I didn't bother to email them about the Blush Havana...

If you keep this one, the lining between the inside pockets will probably rip. Mine did and so did my friends'.

HH agreed to repair the lining because this was common with these particular bags.

Anyway, it irks me when sellers don't bother to correcty describe the bags they're selling and I hope this works out to your satisfaction.

Attachments

• Hayden Harnett, Blush Havannah.JPG
    Hayden Harnett, Blush Havannah.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 43
Thank you to everyone for confirming it's NOT Yam:P.

I got it from a website, I have a feeling it's the one you saw Tonij2000 from the same website....I emailed the seller but I don't think she'll respond until tomorrow or possibly after the weekend since it's Labor Day weekend. I'm not too worried or bothered by the inside lining--I've ripped linings and broken parts of the hardwares before--as long as it's fixable, I'm OK with it:0)

In the meantime, I haven't decided if I like this color yet--I love the bag--the design, the lightness(especially the lightness), it carries well, but I guess my dilemma is that I kinda had my heart set on a Yam color Havana, so that expectation caused a little disappointment.....and I'm wondering if the part of me that wants to keep the bag wants to keep it because of the other features of the bag OR because I actually like/don't mind the color--because knowing myself....even if I like the features of a bag, I won't carry it after the infatuation period IF I don't truly care for the color. UM..........

Last edited:
^ HH bags ARE addictive...so...I suggest keeping it! AND..you've got the matching tassel which is the cat's meow imo.

This is the lightest Havana that I own. The other ones are thicker but just as yummy.

I do however, understand the disappointment in receiving something other than what's expected so I would totally understand if you returned it.

You are really lucky to have found a Blush with tassel ! It's gorgeous ! It's rare !
If it's perfect, you are even luckier, because secondary market Blush Havanas almost always have color transfer from jeans. Spray it with Wilsons (I am brainwashed) and keep an eye out for Yam, which, being newer, should be easy.
And who can find a blush tassel anymore ? You're ready for next Spring !
**If you can sew, go ahead and reinforce the area Toni says is vunerable. I have stitched HH linings both before and after trouble. Once it tears, it's harder to make nice. Between the slip pockets, they do a little V stitch at the top for strength, but often they aren't tacked well enough to hold, and it is a stress point.

Oh, I am sorry you didn't find a YAM Havana. It is not so easy to find, I suppose. I was really lucky, I guess. My sister fell in love with my bag and we literally searched every website last weekend to find one for her. We found a few sites that had them listed in their stock, but when we called they said "no" they did not have any.
My sis ended up buying the Ruby Havana directly from HH and paid the new crazy price!!!
The blush is lovely, though! Wear it well, my dear!
The Yam is a deep almost rusty orange color. It is much darker than the blush and has no pink tones.

Thanks everyone for the kind words:smile:

I got an email back from the seller and she said that they sent me the 'only Yam HH bag' they had(she maintains it's the Yam color). But, she did offer to waive the restocking fee but she'd still charge me for the original shipping fee(and of course I'd have to pay for the shipping to send the bag back) IF I want to return the bag.

Now I'm pretty certain I'm keeping the bag--the Blush color seems to go well with what's sitting in my closet. Surprisingly neutral, very feminine and pretty.

The only thing that is slightly irritating to me is that the seller maintains it's a YAM HH bag.(She was very nice about it in the email) Why wouldn't she just admit it's not Yam? Next time I'll have to make sure I ask more questions instead of trusting the 'bag experts' on some of these sites.