My first HH....and it's a Havana!

The only thing that is slightly irritating to me is that the seller maintains it's a YAM HH bag.(She was very nice about it in the email) Why wouldn't she just admit it's not Yam? Next time I'll have to make sure I ask more questions instead of trusting the 'bag experts' on some of these sites.

Yes very irritating! :cursing: Perhaps you can direct her to the HH website and tell her to do a search for YAM or send her these stock photos from the HH website. All YAMS! :yes:

Beautiful bag BTW!

Attachments

• 11858324211116845433.jpg
    11858324211116845433.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 1184276379366793562.jpg
    1184276379366793562.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1184263600537612112.jpg
    1184263600537612112.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 119023813561681875.jpg
    119023813561681875.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 18
oh dear. I have a sneaking suspicion that whomever thought this was the yam color was thinking of the inside of the west african gourd that is also known as a yam (not a sweet potato). It has a very pretty blush color "meat." Obviously HH did not name their color yam after the gourd color. Their color more closely resembles a cooked sweet potato. no? :shrugs:

yum. I'm so ready for thanksgiving. :P

Also chriseve, that really is a bummer that you've received the wrong bag. I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Here's an update!

I emailed the seller and told her I would keep the bag, but informed her that the bag's most definitely not the Yam color in her advertisement. I used tPF and HH as my sources:woohoo: Bid her a good weekend and that was it.

She emailed me back and told me that her client who consigned the bag with her stated it was Yam. She was very nice about it, but of course, never directly or indirectly confirm that I was right. Oh well, no more dilemma now that I'm for certain keeping the Havana!

My first HH, soooooooo excited!

Thanks everyone for confirming that it's not Yam and for being so nice about it!

You are really lucky to have found a Blush with tassel ! It's gorgeous ! It's rare !
If it's perfect, you are even luckier, because secondary market Blush Havanas almost always have color transfer from jeans. Spray it with Wilsons (I am brainwashed) and keep an eye out for Yam, which, being newer, should be easy.
And who can find a blush tassel anymore ? You're ready for next Spring !
**If you can sew, go ahead and reinforce the area Toni says is vunerable. I have stitched HH linings both before and after trouble. Once it tears, it's harder to make nice. Between the slip pockets, they do a little V stitch at the top for strength, but often they aren't tacked well enough to hold, and it is a stress point.

DITTO. This is a stunning bag, yam or no yam. Forget the seller; maybe she doesn't know her colors. I wouldn't let that affect the decision to keep or not to keep it. If you find you kind of like it but are not in love with it, for whatever reason, then you probably should return it because most likely you won't use it. But it's so purty! And that lining...the tassel. Love it.:love:
KongratZ!

Here is the same bag on eBay right now and it is definitely BLUSH. Maybe you should send this listing to the seller:
Hayden-Harnett Havana in BLUSH; tassel included!

Either way, it's a gorgeous bag and I am so happy you love it and will keep it!
I still feel bad that mine was the bag that got you so excited about the YAM color, and you didn't get it...
:sad:
That one on ebay looks really beat up. She has the wrinkles of a 112 yr old !
WAY more used and abused than her age ! Looks like it was pulled wet thru a knothole and hung out to dry.
I like my havanas and nicos SMOOOOOTH like baby cheeks. If they are stored FLAT between use, they stay like new.

Don't feel bad cooper1 :winkiss:, the bag's growing on me fast and the Blush truly is a beautiful color--it's more salmon than peach:smile: I'll just have to live vicariously through you with the Yam:smile:

That one on ebay looks really beat up. She has the wrinkles of a 112 yr old !
WAY more used and abused than her age ! Looks like it was pulled wet thru a knothole and hung out to dry.
I like my havanas and nicos SMOOOOOTH like baby cheeks. If they are stored FLAT between use, they stay like new.

I just meant it is the same color as the one that Chriseve has and it clearly states BLUSH. I was not at all referring to the condition of the listed bag. It is obviously the same color bag, whether it is in poor condition or not, and that was my point...

Last edited: