My first Hermes is a.....Bolide.

Bagpuss

Dec 30, 2005
To get you up to speed on my search story, I sold most of my "It" bags on the marketplace and put the money aside for a Hermes. I don't live within shopping distance of a Hermes boutique and so I have been perusing resellers consignments and Ebay. I feel pretty confident now about spotting fakes but I also used some of the experts on this forum to look at a couple of my picks(thanks guys- you know who you are). As much as I love and want a Birkin I can't afford the resellers price that they go for so that was just out of my league and I tried not to look at them. I had a beautiful Kelly all picked out and was ready to buy when the auction got pulled and the item was sold privately.
So I just kept coming back to this pretty little Blue Jean Bolide- 31 cm, Togo leather, Mou construction, 2004 purse bought at the Atlanta Boutique, 1 previous owner who used it 3 times. The auction ended before I could bid on it so I contacted the owner and made her an offer which she accepted. She was so nice and sent a celebration card with the purse so I could almost feel like I had gone to a boutique myself.
I am such a casual dresser that I really thought I would get a lot of use out of a Bolide. I still want a Birkin or Kelly someday as well but I will have to save up. I am just in awe of the construction of the purse- it is so substantial and weighty. The size is perfect for me. I have a photo from the auction so I can give you a sneak preview but I will take another one at home later so you can see that it is truly mine.:smile:

Attachments

• 53_12.jpg
    53_12.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 375
Vixy said:
Is Susi the seller? She is a lovely women and have an awesome collection. You are one lucky gal! Your BJ bolide is just gorgeous!!! Congrats :smile:

Yes it was Susi- do you know her? She was just the nicest person ever to deal with.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Bagpuss said:
Yes it was Susi- do you know her? She was just the nicest person ever to deal with.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

We are on another board together.
I think my next hermes will be a bolide, I am totally drooling over yours :smile:

It's beautiful! Enjoy - I love the color and I saw that on e-bay! I, too, am and e-bay Hermes buyer only I bought first and then came here freaking out about the authenticity (thankfully it was another reputable seller)! Sometimes I tend to do things arse backwards! Congratulations!:love:

Oh, gorgeous!! I saw this auction and almost bid! I've decided to hold out for Clemence in this same bag - so glad one of "us" got it! I agree, Susui is a great seller!

Greentea said:
Oh, gorgeous!! I saw this auction and almost bid! I've decided to hold out for Clemence in this same bag - so glad one of "us" got it! I agree, Susui is a great seller!

I'm glad I got it too, I panicked once they pulled that Kelly that I asked you to look at for me and thought that I was going to lose out on this one as well. I did have to wait a short while for another person to decline before it was offered to me. Clemence sounds like a good choice for it- smooshier:love: even.

Thanks Shoes- I love both of your Hermes. Backwards or not you ended up with lovely bags.