My first Hermes is a.....Bolide.

Hi Bolide Buyer....

This Bolide looks like a supple bag....does it not have the metal loop on the side that rigid Bolides have? I have been wondering about this since another supple Bolide that I saw a photo of also did not seem to have it. Or is it perhaps the smallest size Bolide does not have it? If anyone knows, please post!

Thanks!:yes:

Hi - both Mou (supple) and rigide Bolides have the loop, But the 27cm Bolide does not come with a lock and key, hence no loop for it

well, i'm deeply indebted to washington for bringing this old thread to my attention (more bolide pictures - YAY:yahoo:).
and thank you greentea for settling my own question about the lock and key for the 27. in my research, i was noticing that i wasn't seeing this for the 27 but then one did have it - may have been mis-posted or incorrectly translated or something. so now i know. thank you. mind you, i was only curious. for the bolide, there is no question that it's a 31 for me!:love:

^2007, maybe. But it will be a few months. Maybe early summer? This wil be a combo b'day and Anniversary gift, if I play my cards right. :smile:

Your list is yummy! I vote ebene Togo with GH!!

Hi Greentea
Thanks! This is what I thought....I also have a mini Kelly that did not come with a lock and clochette/keys, so I guess the 27cm Bolide does not come with those either! I did get the newer smallest size Birkin (25cm) and that DOES come with lock and clochette.
Thanks!

Beautiful bag, Congrat's on your great find. wear her in good health.

To get you up to speed on my search story, I sold most of my "It" bags on the marketplace and put the money aside for a Hermes. I don't live within shopping distance of a Hermes boutique and so I have been perusing resellers consignments and Ebay. I feel pretty confident now about spotting fakes but I also used some of the experts on this forum to look at a couple of my picks(thanks guys- you know who you are). As much as I love and want a Birkin I can't afford the resellers price that they go for so that was just out of my league and I tried not to look at them. I had a beautiful Kelly all picked out and was ready to buy when the auction got pulled and the item was sold privately.
So I just kept coming back to this pretty little Blue Jean Bolide- 31 cm, Togo leather, Mou construction, 2004 purse bought at the Atlanta Boutique, 1 previous owner who used it 3 times. The auction ended before I could bid on it so I contacted the owner and made her an offer which she accepted. She was so nice and sent a celebration card with the purse so I could almost feel like I had gone to a boutique myself.
I am such a casual dresser that I really thought I would get a lot of use out of a Bolide. I still want a Birkin or Kelly someday as well but I will have to save up. I am just in awe of the construction of the purse- it is so substantial and weighty. The size is perfect for me. I have a photo from the auction so I can give you a sneak preview but I will take another one at home later so you can see that it is truly mine.:smile:

congrats on your beautiful bag! i saw a 37cm bolide in black togo from last-seconds.com and kick myself i can't afford it at present. i am v envious, and blue jean is such a versatile colour and can be dresed up or down. enjoy!