My first Hermès bag

cavalla

O.G.
May 13, 2011
I thought my first one would be Evelyne. But when I saw this beauty and tried her, I couldn't get my mind off of her. So now she's here with me. I think this is their latest design, called sac oxer. I love how it can be carried in 3 different ways, actually 4 as cross-body as well. It comes with a shoulder strap. And the way it slouches also brings it character.

What do you girls think? Is it a good purchase or should I have gone with a more well-known one?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411920902.309797.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411920917.270813.jpg

Congratulations on your first Hermes bag!! I would love to see mod pics!

As for whether or not you should keep it, I say if you love it that's all that matters. Everyone has individual style and preferences which is what makes fashion so fun. I'm sure I've chosen pieces that people thought were ugly and I could care less. :smile:

And of course had to look it up
Here is the ad campaign in croc ... So cool and laid back bag - I think I'm really interested now :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 1,050
I love it!!! I tend to like slouchy bags and blue is TDF!! I think it doesn't matter if the bag is "popular" or not, what matters is if you like it. If you couldn't resist this beauty in the store, chances are you made the right choice. Congrats and I'd love to see mod pics as well.

Thank you all. The comments make me fly :smile:

Yes it is quite big. When you carry it on your shoulder it's quite chunky near your waist. It really looks like a travel bag and could only be a travel bag IMO like that.

The way she carries it in the campaign is my favorite style too. It makes it look so chic and elegant!

On one hand I thought I was quite lucky to spot a new and unique style in such an interesting color, it feels like it was meant to be. However on the other hand.... The price is definitely quite high that I don't know if I should've gone for a well-known bag to justify such price tag... >'<

Think about it this way - all Hermes bags are classic and you just happened to be a trendsetter in this instance! :smile:

I have a bag from Bottega Veneta that is a similar style (the Brick bag) and I only really use it for travel but I like that yours has a strap.

Last edited:
What a fabulous bag! Congrats! :biggrin: I usually prefer bags that can be hand carried as well as shoulder carried--it just makes it so much more versatile. I was just wondering what style bag is shown in the ad, now I know. Hope I can see it in person when I go to the boutique next week. How does it open? If you have time, please post more mod pics. TIA!

This is to give you an idea how deep/wide it is (compare to a mulberry bayswater)

It is not a small bag.

You can also see the opening a bit. There's no zipper nor button. It just stays closed like that on it's own. But I'm not sure if I stuff a lot in it if it would remain like this. But I guess it loses it's beauty when you over-stuff it.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411937040.105406.jpg