My first H scarf/shawl

Pixi

Oct 7, 2009
My first post- apologies in advance if I have placed it in the wrong place.
I got my Birkin (35 black togo with ph) in April 08 and ever since I have been obsessed.
I am going to London for the weekend and my lovely dh is buying me my first H scarf/shawl.
I didn't realise it is such a science! I don't know where to start.
Can anyone advise what a good one to start off with as I'm sure I will be hooked. I wear lots of black/beige/white and sort have a classic look. I'd love something the size of a small pashmina- is that a PM or a GM.
Any pointers would be so welcome, thank you.

The only pointers I can give is to set a limit before you go in the store. You will see a TON of things in the shawl section you will fall in love with!

How wonderful of DH! Def. go for a shawl. I don't know what size a small pashmina would be, but a GM shawl is really big and so versatile you can wear it all sorts of ways. Check out the reference section for ideas. I thought a GM shawl would be too big/bulky for me, but when folded and worn right it certainly isn't. I find the 90 cm silk carres more cumbersome than the shawls in fact, I guess because of the material.

Congrats!

Please be sure and show us when you return!

Congrats on your Birkin, and welcome to the forum!

I completely agree with Irishlass, set yourself a limit before you go in!!

As for what to start with? Gosh, there are so many that are so beautiful, and the ones in colors you never thought you would go for. They may be the ones you end up totally smitten with! Have fun choosing!

The only pointers I can give is to set a limit before you go in the store. You will see a TON of things in the shawl section you will fall in love with!

How wonderful of DH! Def. go for a shawl. I don't know what size a small pashmina would be, but a GM shawl is really big and so versatile you can wear it all sorts of ways. Check out the reference section for ideas. I thought a GM shawl would be too big/bulky for me, but when folded and worn right it certainly isn't. I find the 90 cm silk carres more cumbersome than the shawls in fact, I guess because of the material.

Congrats!

Please be sure and show us when you return!

Cos that always works for me :nogood:

Can I also just make a defence for the silk too. The silk can be tricky because of the er 'silkiness' but sometimes I find that nothing else but silk will do. I was totally tempted by a 'Beloved India' cash GM it is TDF - but it's different.

Whichever you choose YOU WILL WANT BOTH :yes:

This is where Hermes SA's shine! Tell them the colors you usually wear (don't choose that day to wear something out of the ordinary for you!), and they'll show you many, many suggestions. Try them on and trust me, you'll find the ones for you. I would suggest you not go overboard - a scarf or two and maybe a shawl. Wear them and see what works for you. Enjoy!