My First H Experience

kittie

Oct 21, 2007
Hi ladies ..

I've been a lurker for some time now and I thought I would introduce myself since I am hoping to eventually become an H collector! I just wanted to share my first H boutique experience because I had such a good one!

I have always known of H but never looked in to anything because the price point isn't very budget friendly for a university student :sad: In the spring, the DBF and I were in Vancouver walking on Robson when we passed the H boutique and a flash of pink caught my eye. When we went in, we were immediately greeted by an older male SA who was incredibly attentive and answered all my questions. The flash of pink I saw was the Red Berries scarf in the pink colorway he told me and showed me how to tie it a million different ways. The DBF insisted I get it but the price was shocking for a scarf! I kept on thinking how its equivalent to a whole semester's worth of textbooks or even almost a course itself! I thanked the SA, who couldn't be nicer when I told him I couldn't justify a $400 scarf, and left. I was sooo clueless about H at that time that I didn't even look around to see if there were any bags on display!! I actually didn't even look at anything else because I was so mesmerized by that scarf!

That was when the research began and I came across tpf. I spent countless hours reading and reading about everything H has to offer and it was so exciting. I can't thank you all enough for all the valuable information you have provided a noob like me!

Anyways, a few months later it was my birthday and by this time I had totally forgotten about the lovely pink scarf. DBF said he needed to pick something up from the UPS office and I didn't question it since he is always ordering electronics and games and such. I waited in the car and when he got back, he handed me a flat package and it was ...

attachment.php

The pink was completely sold out in Canada but he figured I would like the fuschia berries more and he was right. Not nearly as exciting as a birkin or a kelly but it was my first H and I love it!

I'll be going to Vegas soon and I will definitely be making a purchase! The silly thing is now I am totally intimidated by the idea of walking in to an H store! It was so much easier when I knew nothing of the brand and just barged in because I liked the color!! Sooo .. I hope you ladies have some SA recommendations or even some suggestions on what to buy!

Well that was a loooonng H story and kudos to you if you read it all! Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• Redberries1.jpg
    Redberries1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 301
hi kittie and welcome!!! congrats on your beautiful new scarf and also for selecting a DBF who is so sweet and generous not to mention sharp as a tack!!! you're off to a terrific start!