my first Gucci! *PICS* ...Is it too massively large?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jun 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
    I just got my first Gucci off eBay! I'm pretty sure it's authentic. I posted in the Authenticate This thread and will post my own pics of it later.

But anyway, the seller listed the size, but I didn't think anything of it! It's HUGE. It's more like a bag to hold things for travel maybe and not so much for running around...

When I went to Vegas this girl had the same one but in BLACK and it was suede I think. Anyone know what one I'm talking about? I don't remember it being so huge though.

I was also interested in the LARGE chain hobo. I've seen it on plenty of people but I wonder if I would have run into the same problem of it being too huge?

I'm 5'2" by the way.

Well what do you guys think? I attached some pictures. One looks green because I made it brighter so just ignore that of course haha.

Too big?? Please tell me the truth. I really won't care if it does. I'll probably use it for a while maybe... if not I'll probably sell it if I don't get used to it and just buy a different one! But this was one of the styles I wanted and I'm picky I think... just didn't realize it would be THIS HUGE.

2. i think it would be super cute for work/school...and the LARGE chain hobo??? i believe it would be either that size or bigger on u!! I have the medium and im 5'7 anddd i think its a little big/perfect size!!! I tried on the large nd it was wayyyy to huge, but super cute! ;)

3. I actually would feel weird bringing it to school now though :'( I know what you mean because of the size, definitely! And I may get over it and bring it, but I feel like the size makes it even more showy, but that's mostly because like nobody in my school carries designer bags.
    But yeah it's a good size for that... but way too big to take for a night out I think.

I'm so torn! I like it but it's so big. I don't think it's going to be as easy for me as I thought by selling it and buying a different one haha.

That's good to know though about the large chain hobo because that was the one I really really wanted but I couldn't find an authentic one on eBay. But now I feel like I would have been even more surprised by the large size!

Thank you for letting me know what you think!

4. I really like it. I don't think it is too big at all. But i like big bags.

5. Personally I am not a big fan of it on the shoulder. I do get what you mean by it is a bit big for you. IMO I think this is a beautiful bag and if it were me I'd be handcarrying it. If you're using it for school/uni that might be a bit impractical esp if you have a lot in it. I'm more of a hand carry than shoulder bag girl.

It all comes down to what you prefer. I think it's a beautiful bag but if you don't like it let it go. As for the chain bit hobo, I'm 168cm tall (or 5 ft 6) and I feel that it's too big for me. You should ask Tiffer cos she just bought 2.

6. I love hand carrying too! Hand carrying this seems to be almost like carrying a brief case, except a very square shaped brief case.

I love it but I'm not used to how large it is. The largest bags I have are for example that Coach reversible stripe tote that came out this year, and then another model of the same dimension, I mean it's a big size but it's not so big like this.

I keep trying it on and looking at it in the mirror, as if it will look any smaller.

Now that I have it it's getting so hard to imagine selling it and getting another one.

As it's my first Gucci bag and I really haven't tried on Gucci bags, are they all relatively big? I mean the ones that are considered large, are they actually large? It feels like the bags I'm used to that are large are just their biggest and yet I am wondering if large Gucci bags live up to the term large-- if that makes any sense!

7. Congrats!
    I think the size is perfect for work/school..

8. I like it. The size is not too large for you IMO.

9. Thanks! I'm glad it doesn't look too oversized to you guys-- I think I'm just not used to it is the problem maybe.
    I don't know WHY I'm having such a problem with this bag! Maybe it's because I have had it in my head that it's about half the size it actually is... and that it's my largest bag yet.

Although I will admit that the more I take the mirror with me and and do the "360 view" thing into a wall mirror I am starting to get more used to it just by looking at it on me.
    The first picture I think is the best for the scale between myself and the bag.

blaaahhh, I think it's a keeper though, now I'm becoming more sure.

Thanks for letting me know what you guys think of the size!!

10. I love it! And I think it's a really great size. If you don't put a lot in it then it won't look unstructured, yet if you put tons in it they will fit nicely. Gorgeous!

11. I love it!!! I love my bags big! That is really pretty. I think it looks great on you.

12. Looks gorgeous! Not too big on u at all...

13. I think it looks good, I love large bags!!! But I think the hobo is a little bit bigger...

14. i love big bags so I think it looks great on you.

15. i often think bags are too big but i think that one is perfect for you! it looks good on you