My First Goyard - New Bag Reveal!

MsTotes

Jul 28, 2014
I just returned from a shopping trip in downtown San Francisco. I stopped into the Goyard store and tried on several of their St. Louis bags. I loved both the PM and GM sizes for different reasons (PM is small and dainty/arm crook look; GM larger and more of a shopping tote/longer straps to go over thick coats). I can also share with you that the grey color is much more spectacular in person. So which one did I pick?

Goyard1.JPG

Goyard2.JPG

Goyard3.JPG

Goyard4.5.JPG

Goyard4.JPG

Goyard5.JPG

Goyard6.JPG

Goyard7.JPG

It's the black on black St. Louis in the GM size. I love classic colors, so I went with black on black, and the print will nicely go with some of my beige/ivory sweaters too. The GM is a great size, perfect too for travel and as a future baby bag (I rationalize purchases when I can). Hope you enjoyed the reveal :smile: I think I may need to go back for the grey very soon....

I bought the grey pm a few weeks ago from bergdorfs and LOVE it! I definitely have a new addiction. I think my next one will be the black on black gm like yours. Amazing bags!

Absolutely stunning classic!!!!!
I have this bag in the pm size in red and the black on black❤️
Big congrats to you!!!!

Thanks so much, I'm very excited about my new purchase! And I bet your red PM is stunning!

I bought the grey pm a few weeks ago from bergdorfs and LOVE it! I definitely have a new addiction. I think my next one will be the black on black gm like yours. Amazing bags!

I totally agree, this is just the beginning of a new addiction :cool: You'll definitely love the black on black too.

Congrats!! I have the pm in black/tan and gray (they are the best bags I've used to hold my toddlers' stuff when we go out cos they're amazingly light!) and am plotting getting a black/black like yours in the new Armaatois as a workhorse.

The black/black version is so classic - wear her in good health!

I just returned from a shopping trip in downtown San Francisco. I stopped into the Goyard store and tried on several of their St. Louis bags. I loved both the PM and GM sizes for different reasons (PM is small and dainty/arm crook look; GM larger and more of a shopping tote/longer straps to go over thick coats). I can also share with you that the grey color is much more spectacular in person. So which one did I pick?

View attachment 2712835

View attachment 2712836

View attachment 2712837

View attachment 2712838

View attachment 2712839

View attachment 2712840

View attachment 2712841

View attachment 2712842

It's the black on black St. Louis in the GM size. I love classic colors, so I went with black on black, and the print will nicely go with some of my beige/ivory sweaters too. The GM is a great size, perfect too for travel and as a future baby bag (I rationalize purchases when I can). Hope you enjoyed the reveal :smile: I think I may need to go back for the grey very soon....

Reread your post and YES you HAVE to go back for the grey- my grey St. Louis pm and grey belvedere pm are my fav bags right now, the colour is just gorgeous. You won't regret it!!

Love it . great choice, thanks for sharing.

Thanks! :P

Congrats!! I have the pm in black/tan and gray (they are the best bags I've used to hold my toddlers' stuff when we go out cos they're amazingly light!) and am plotting getting a black/black like yours in the new Armaatois as a workhorse.

The black/black version is so classic - wear her in good health!

Reread your post and YES you HAVE to go back for the grey- my grey St. Louis pm and grey belvedere pm are my fav bags right now, the colour is just gorgeous. You won't regret it!!

I'm glad to hear that your st. louis work really well for your toddler's goodies - and you have two to alternate, how wonderful! Armaatois is on my radar too, I think black on black would be an excellent choice. Please do a reveal when you get yours :smile:

Congrats! We are twins! It is such a great bag and you can never go wrong with the color. As for getting one in the grey color, it is a must. The color is so perfect and versatile. If not a St. Louis, anything in Goyard grey is great. I have a grey Sac Hardy and love it. I really wanted the grey St. Louis but in the end Hardy won out and got another PM St. Louis color. Enjoy!

:smile: Yay, I'm so happy that I have some twins out there!

I took her out today, and I love the fact that the bag looks so sweet with the wings tucked in too. I can't believe it took me so long to discover this bag and lovely print, it's truly gorgeous. And I have to say, I really enjoy that this label is somewhat under the radar, and only stands out to those who know the brand. I tend to fall out of love with things that get too trendy, so with the st. louis, it almost feels like I'm wearing a secret treasure ;)

View attachment 2712835

View attachment 2712836

View attachment 2712837

View attachment 2712838

View attachment 2712839

View attachment 2712840

View attachment 2712841

View attachment 2712842

MsTotes your goyard is just fabulous! It's such a classic and I'm so glad to see it in such a classic color.

I've been considering making a trip to the SF store myself for the St. Louis GM in grey, but I've been hesitant because I read on Yelp that the SA's at Goyard SF do not have great service. Did anyone else have that experience?

MsTotes your goyard is just fabulous! It's such a classic and I'm so glad to see it in such a classic color.

I've been considering making a trip to the SF store myself for the St. Louis GM in grey, but I've been hesitant because I read on Yelp that the SA's at Goyard SF do not have great service. Did anyone else have that experience?

I bought a bag from there recently and I would say that the staff there from doorman to sales assistants generally aren't friendly for what you would expect from a luxury retailer. I did get assistance from a pretty SA who was reasonably friendly and knowledgeable but anyway I wasn't bothered cos I knew I was gonna purchase the bag.
But no smiles seen from doorman to rest of SAs milling about the small store. Very unlike other brands or high end dept stores that throw smiles and greetings at customers from every corner...