My first Givenchy! Antigona reveal & mod pics :)

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
Finally, the perfect black bag for me! :love: And it has silver hardware, which I love! :biggrin:

Medium pebble Antigona:

photo_zps47d86511.jpg
photo_zps65e3bd20.jpg

Now, some mod shots. I apologize for the yellowish lighting and dusty mirror. I tried for some natural light, but nature was not cooperating today.

I'm 5'7 & I hope the size looks alright.

photo_zps9fc209bb.jpg
photo_zps96f8f941.jpg

photo_zps091adebd.jpg
photo_zpsbe9f21e2.jpg

Last edited:
Finally, the perfect black bag for me! :love: And it has silver hardware, which I love! :biggrin:

photo_zps47d86511.jpg
photo_zps65e3bd20.jpg

Now, some mod shots. I apologize for the yellowish lighting and dusty mirror. I tried for some natural light, but nature was not cooperating today.

photo_zps9fc209bb.jpg
photo_zps96f8f941.jpg

photo_zps091adebd.jpg
photo_zpsbe9f21e2.jpg
Beautiful! Which size is this? It looks perfect on your frame. And if you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase this bag?

Medium pebble Antigona:

I wish i was your height! You wear the ant beautifully. Add some boots and a mcqueen skull scarf with a leather jacket, you'd be all set for a day out.

^^ ITA!!! I love Antigona on you. WISH I were your height! Randr nailed it...put on a cool jacket (cuz I know it's COLD), scarf, and boots and you are set to go! The socks just ain't cuttin' it. :P

GORGEOUS!!! STUNNING!!! Congrats great bag hunter!
BAG TWINS in Michigan!!!! :ghi5:

Gorgeous...... I agree with the other ladies your height is perfect for the medium, I've just bought a medium but at 5ft 4 I feel its a bit big on me but the small was too small.

I wish i was your height! You wear the ant beautifully. Add some boots and a mcqueen skull scarf with a leather jacket, you'd be all set for a day out.

Thank you! I have just the leather jacket and boots too! The mcqueen scarf is a great idea! :smile:

^^ ITA!!! I love Antigona on you. WISH I were your height! Randr nailed it...put on a cool jacket (cuz I know it's COLD), scarf, and boots and you are set to go! The socks just ain't cuttin' it. :P

GORGEOUS!!! STUNNING!!! Congrats great bag hunter!
BAG TWINS in Michigan!!!! :ghi5:

:lol: MI in the winter = no boots are going to follow me from outside on to light color bedroom carpet. :faint:

I still feel like the bag is a bit big on me, but I imagine part of it is because this is a stiffer, more structured bag than I'm used to. I wish it was a tiny bit smaller, but otherwise this bag is fantastic.

Beautiful! You can't go wrong with black. Looks great on you!

Thank you! :smile:

love love love this! I especially like the pebbled leather - definitely a workhorse for sure!

Thanks! :smile:

Gorgeous...... I agree with the other ladies your height is perfect for the medium, I've just bought a medium but at 5ft 4 I feel its a bit big on me but the small was too small.

Thank you! The small was too small for you? Don't you hate that?! Medium too big, small too small. I had that same problem when I was trying to buy a YSL Cabas. I think this medium feels a bit big on me because of the structure, but if you are saying the small was too small for you, then it's too small for me.

Beautiful! Which size is this? It looks perfect on your frame. And if you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase this bag?

Thank you! It's the medium. I hunted it down at Nordstrom, but I got the last one. There are only about 5 Nordstroms in the US that carry Givenchy and I had to do some detective work. I did hear that Bergdorffs should be getting more in in March. Selfridges has the medium size if that is someplace you would order from. GL!

:lol: MI in the winter = no boots are going to follow me from outside on to light color bedroom carpet. :faint:
I still feel like the bag is a bit big on me, but I imagine part of it is because this is a stiffer, more structured bag than I'm used to. I wish it was a tiny bit smaller, but otherwise this bag is fantastic.

LOL! No, you don't want to track in that nasty slushy crap from outside. EWWW! :yucky:

At first the medium felt big to me too but it is the style of the bag that is throwing you off. A slouchy Bal in the same size wouldn't feel so big. You will get used to it. I only feel like it is too big if I hold the handles by the hand and have my arm down straight. If I had an extra couple inches like YOU do, I would say PERFECT fit! When I carry her the other ways, she feels great.

Sometimes I would love to have the small Antigona but deep down I know that I would want more capacity. I think she looks awesome on you. You are like the perfect height. Just prance around the house with her some more. Oh hell, if puny little shortie Nicole Richie can carry a medium, so can you. Work it, girl!

LOL! No, you don't want to track in that nasty slushy crap from outside. EWWW! :yucky:

At first the medium felt big to me too but it is the style of the bag that is throwing you off. A slouchy Bal in the same size wouldn't feel so big. You will get used to it. I only feel like it is too big if I hold the handles by the hand and have my arm down straight. If I had an extra couple inches like YOU do, I would say PERFECT fit! When I carry her the other ways, she feels great.

Sometimes I would love to have the small Antigona but deep down I know that I would want more capacity. I think she looks awesome on you. You are like the perfect height. Just prance around the house with her some more. Oh hell, if puny little shortie Nicole Richie can carry a medium, so can you. Work it, girl!

I think this would be my issue, besides just that the size might look off. When I tried the YSL mini cabas, I looked like I should be holding it by my pinkie finger it looked so small on me. :lol: My other satchels are slouchy, so I'm sure that's partly why it feels so big.

Now she just needs to break in a little. I know she will keep structure, but maybe if it's a little more broken in, it won't feel so large. My husband picked it up and thought it was really heavy. He asked me if I was really going to carry that around everyday. Men are wimps. lol! I actually weighed it and it only weighs .4 lbs more than the bag I had been carrying all week.

I think this would be my issue, besides just that the size might look off. When I tried the YSL mini cabas, I looked like I should be holding it by my pinkie finger it looked so small on me. :lol: My other satchels are slouchy, so I'm sure that's partly why it feels so big.

Now she just needs to break in a little. I know she will keep structure, but maybe if it's a little more broken in, it won't feel so large. My husband picked it up and thought it was really heavy. He asked me if I was really going to carry that around everyday. Men are wimps. lol! I actually weighed it and it only weighs .4 lbs more than the bag I had been carrying all week.

Guys are totally whimpy. Let's see, how much does his wallet weigh? :P

The mini CC does run small. It did hold all my stuff but it was snug and I prefer the size of my Bal City. When I held Antigona and Bal City together, they are not that much different in size, looking from the front. The structure and depth make it seem bigger.

If you use her enough, you will certainly see her breaking in alot more. I have already seen photos of Miranda Kerr's Antigona getting slouchy. That girl had USED her bag. Jessica Chastain and Nicole Richie's bags have softened too.

Did you load her up and feel the shoulder strap? I love the strap. It's so comfy. I like it even more than my Bal shoulder strap.

Guys are totally whimpy. Let's see, how much does his wallet weigh? :P

The mini CC does run small. It did hold all my stuff but it was snug and I prefer the size of my Bal City. When I held Antigona and Bal City together, they are not that much different in size, looking from the front. The structure and depth make it seem bigger.

If you use her enough, you will certainly see her breaking in alot more. I have already seen photos of Miranda Kerr's Antigona getting slouchy. That girl had USED her bag. Jessica Chastain and Nicole Richie's bags have softened too.

Did you load her up and feel the shoulder strap? I love the strap. It's so comfy. I like it even more than my Bal shoulder strap.

Yep. The strap was comfortable. Didn't seem to dig in or anything. I will admit that the bag is a bit heavy, but I didn't really expect it to be a lightweight bag. I've held worse. :P

Congrats! She is a beauty and you carry her well!

Thank you! :smile:

Congratulation, it looks really great on you!

Thanks so much! :smile: