My first fake!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. NOT that I bought, before you get out the lynchin' gear! :lol:

I went into my local charity shop today, coz they have good glassware and as I am lucky enough to live in a rich area, good clothes too - and I saw this gross fake LV (white MC pochette accessories - except, not!) in the Barnardo's shop. My response? - :sick:

I had to pick it up, feel it, watch as the threads unravelled from the nylon PVC strap.

It was fugly. :cry:

Just had to mention it as it's a first for me, and I hope, a last. :Push:

Cx

2. umm, why did u buy it?

3. ^she said she didn't buy it.

Did you tell the shop owner? I would've.

4. how much was it selling for?

5. lol, Did you tell them that it was a fake?
    I've seen lots of fake LV's in consignment stores before & my worry is that people will buy it thinking it's real! I'm surprised because well, they're illegal, so for a reputable retail store to be selling one is surprising. Sometimes I say something like "oh that's not a very good fake, & it's way overpriced. you can get cheaper fakes at the nightmarket" or something to that extent. LOL

6. Can anyone suggest where i can get my Fake LV authenticated as a fake. I got it on eBay. yuk! never make that mistake again!

7. I didn't! :amazed:

It was for sale for £2.99 or so I think, and it's a charity shop that resells gear donated by members of the public to raise money for a children's charity. People will donate things they don't use or want, like, one top, a few pairs of trousers, or a bag of grannie's old frocks, that kind of thing - there's no wholesale or supplier involved.

Shops like that are very much buyer beware anyway, because the stuff is dirt cheap and sold used and "as seen" so I strongly doubt anyone would have bought it who was in the market for a real LV.

I didn't buy it, because I wanted to buy myself a vintage Jane Shilton they had :love: and didn't have enough money for both on me, but I suppose I should have done really as the money goes to the charity not the faker, and it would have taken one fake off the streets!

Weird, huh - I feel guilty now about not buying a fake! I'll see if it's there tomorrow I guess, it was only about £3 - £5 coz that's the max price for their bags, then bring it home.... and put it straight in the bin! :lol:

Oh, and sorry I posted this in the wrong forum guys! :shame:

Cx Ps I didn't tell the owner coz the shop is staffed by volunteers, and the lady at the till was elderly, modestly dressed and I think she wouldn't have understood. If it's still there tomorrow I'll do the decent thing, the charity shouldn't lose out because of this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice