My First Ever Classic Flap!! Please help!

Vlaskiss

Nov 16, 2019
Hi Everyone! :smile:

Tomorrow, my first ever Chanel bag should be delivered! I ordered it from Neiman Marcus. It is a small classic flap in black caviar with silver hardware. I’ve heard that Chanel quality is not like it used to be. I am new to Chanel bags and I have nothing to compare. What should I look for when I examine it?

Thank you very much!! :smile:

Reactions: BrownBuggy
Congrats on your first Chanel bag.

I usually look for loose stitching, corner wear, scratches on the leather and hardware, quilting lining up on the flap and the body of the bag when closed, on the mona lisa pocket and the body of the bag.

Also front flap being straight and not crooked, even quilts (not some puffy, some flat). Stand the bag on a table and check it doesn’t lean. My last flap that I just sold had a major issue with this and it was because the base of the bag was slanted! I also like to check that the sides look the same as sometimes one can have more of a crease and the other be more smooth (if that makes sense). The flap I sold also had frayed edges on the leather of the strap so now I check that my bags don’t have this. This is the only designer bag I have to do all of these checks with!!