My first ebay win, but I need some help...

andkenfly

Live, Love, Laugh
Aug 9, 2009
Los Angeles
I just won my very first ebay auction. But I have a question I need help with...

This is my very first time using ebay, and I see on the item description they give me 2 days to pay for it through paypal. I have my paypal account set up and plan to use my credit card to pay for the item, but when I added my card and went to verify the link it says it takes 2-3 days for it to verify my card?

I'm worried the seller is going to think I'm a fake and a bad person to deal with. I had no idea that there's a waiting period to verify my credit card as I've never used paypal before. I'm afraid by the time it verifies my card it will be past the 2 days and the seller will not let me buy the item.

Should I contact the seller that I added in my information in paypal but I'm waiting for it to verify my information? My boyfriend says as a seller he would be nervous about the buyer if they emailed him notifying him of this, but I was wondering what you guys think and what I should do? Is it better to message them and let them know or should I just wait it out?

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
Just be honest with the seller if on the 2nd day Paypal has not been fully setup for you. FYI eBay gives buyers 4 days to pay.