My first ebay Coach bag purchase!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I've been afraid to buy a bag on the bay because of stories I've read about fakes, condition problems, and bad vendors; even though I know that there are a lot of great vendors and terrific bargains to be had on ebay and bonanzale.

I've been looking for a black and silver coach evening bag but I haven't had much luck. I wanted something small, elegant and classy but not too teeny.

An ebay auction for a black/silver satin coach bag decorated with swarovski crystals caught my eye but I was concerned because I couldn't find any info about the bag under the style number listed. Also because it didn't have a dustbag and when I asked the vendor for more pics she said "sorry, my camera needs new batteries!"

Hyacinth figured out that the vendor had reversed 2 numbers in the creed and that it was style #1486 and she posted a gorgeous stock photo of the bag that made me drool! Once I had the correct number I found a post by starrymaz indicating that it was a Madison Small Pleated Hobo released in 2005 for $278. I also found more pics of the purse posted by lilwaif that helped me decide to bid on the bag.

I was determined not too bid very high because I still had concerns but I won it for just $56 plus S&H! It arrived today and I love it! She's in gorgeous, perfect condition and I'm certain that she is genuine. I can't wait to use her! Below is the stock photo from Hyacinth and also the vendor photo from ebay. Isn't she lovely?!

Attachments

• 1486_d1.jpg
    1486_d1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 173
  • !BmI7czgBGk~$(KGrHqUOKjUEtlu8Dr06BLeg+Zf82Q~~_12.jpg
    !BmI7czgBGk~$(KGrHqUOKjUEtlu8Dr06BLeg+Zf82Q~~_12.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
This is a nice bag. I love the crystal detailing! Congratulations on a great price! And very smart of you to utilize the lovely experts here before purchasing on the bay. I would love to see modeling pics of this bag!

This is a nice bag. I love the crystal detailing! Congratulations on a great price! And very smart of you to utilize the lovely experts here before purchasing on the bay. I would love to see modeling pics of this bag!

Absolutely, I would never bid on it if I hadn't gotten input from our TPF experts! There were several other bidders but I think that we were all conservative because of the poor listing, lucky for me!

Hyacinth figured out that the vendor had reversed 2 numbers in the creed and that it was style #1486 and she posted a gorgeous stock photo of the bag that made me drool! Once I had the correct number I found a post by starrymaz indicating that it was a Madison Small Pleated Hobo released in 2005 for $278. I also found more pics of the purse posted by lilwaif that helped me decide to bid on the bag.

The ladies on here are awesome aren't they? I do have a special place in my heart for Hyacinth!!

Very good detective work all. Great buy.
Ebay can be a tad intimidating for sure, so many bad experiences to read about..... I have only bought a wristlet, no purses so far, I do watch a number of auctions though, and will prolly take the dive, one of these days.