My First Dior.

Amortentia

O.G.
Dec 30, 2012
Hello TPFers,

Yesterday was a very special day for me as I walked into the London Selfridges Dior Boutique and acquired my first Dior item with my own hard-earned cash, and at 21 years old I'm sure you can imagine that it was a big deal for me. I have been in the market for a designer wallet for some time now and when I was younger and started getting into handbags I never ever thought that Dior would be the brand for me. Now I'm a little older and cannot get enough of the brand, it is classy, timeless and elegant. I will be purchasing their flats and jewellery soon and someday a handbag!

Anyway, without further ado I reveal my (Black and Fuchsia) Diorissimo Envolée Wallet:

IMG_3616.JPG

Initially I was gutted that I didn't choose a wallet with the Cannage stitching but then I began to appreciate that the colourblocking and charm are indicative of a Christian Dior piece. It is elegant and sophisticated whilst maintaining a youthful edge to it. In my opinion I still have to mature into the Cannage stitching so this is a fantastic entry piece.

Price: £320 = $459.97 = €406.64

On a side note: I had a hard time choosing which wallet was for me, I ruled out a continental wallet immediately because I prefer the compactness of the billfold. A lambskin wallet just wouldn't hold up well for me because I know that I would put my wallet through a lot by juggling it between bags and so I opted for grained bullcalf. Also, the wallets with the larger charms were far too jingly for me. I would strongly advise anyone who is looking to purchase goods from Dior to visit the boutique because there are a wide range of options there and the sales assistants are very helpful.

Congrats on your first Dior purchase!!! The wallet is very lovely and I'm so impressed that a 21 year old saved cash to buy instead of putting it on a credit card!!! Hope you enjoy your wallet for a long time to come :smile:

Congratulations on your first Dior! And great choice, too. The taurillon leather is sumptuous and durable, and the details of the wallet are so impeccably finished.

Hello TPFers,

Yesterday was a very special day for me as I walked into the London Selfridges Dior Boutique and acquired my first Dior item with my own hard-earned cash, and at 21 years old I'm sure you can imagine that it was a big deal for me. I have been in the market for a designer wallet for some time now and when I was younger and started getting into handbags I never ever thought that Dior would be the brand for me. Now I'm a little older and cannot get enough of the brand, it is classy, timeless and elegant. I will be purchasing their flats and jewellery soon and someday a handbag!

Anyway, without further ado I reveal my (Black and Fuchsia) Diorissimo Envolée Wallet:

View attachment 3334769

Initially I was gutted that I didn't choose a wallet with the Cannage stitching but then I began to appreciate that the colourblocking and charm are indicative of a Christian Dior piece. It is elegant and sophisticated whilst maintaining a youthful edge to it. In my opinion I still have to mature into the Cannage stitching so this is a fantastic entry piece.

Price: £320 = $459.97 = €406.64

On a side note: I had a hard time choosing which wallet was for me, I ruled out a continental wallet immediately because I prefer the compactness of the billfold. A lambskin wallet just wouldn't hold up well for me because I know that I would put my wallet through a lot by juggling it between bags and so I opted for grained bullcalf. Also, the wallets with the larger charms were far too jingly for me. I would strongly advise anyone who is looking to purchase goods from Dior to visit the boutique because there are a wide range of options there and the sales assistants are very helpful.
Congratulations on your first Dior! This will be the first of many more I'm sure ;)
This wallet is so beautiful and also very functional so you will use it and love it for years to come.

Congratulations on your first Dior! I love the pop of color and how functional it is. This will serve you well for years to come.
Also, thank you for posting the price as it's something I always look for out of curiosity or for reference. A+ post.

Congratulations on your first Dior piece, it's gorgeous :heart: Would love to know how it's been treating you since you've had it; I have been thinking of this for a new small wallet.

Congratulations on your first Dior piece, it's gorgeous :heart: Would love to know how it's been treating you since you've had it; I have been thinking of this for a new small wallet.

Thank you!

She's been fabulous very compact and durable. Still looks great and I love the zipped compartment at the back as I stick my Oyster card/ University ID back there which makes for swift entry and exit. I have no complaints whatsoever, there are sufficient card slots and the notes compartment is spacious.! I'm loving it and cannot wait to get the Diorissimo handbag to match. :love: