My first Dior--Lady Dior

PinkTulip

O.G.
Jun 3, 2007
I wanted a new bag and had a trip booked to London so I figured I would buy it there coupled with a weak pound and I knew it was the perfect opportunity.
My shopping experience at Dior was a fantastic experience. I stopped into Selfridges concession and then again at Heathrow with a personal shopper. I was sure when I saw the bag in Selfridges, but I was considering the bags in this picture at Heathrow--the 3 finalists!
The blue bag has the champagne hardware also has the crystal strap. The green and burgundy bags have silver hardware. The burgundy in that photo had an adjustable plain strap which I wasn't aware Lady Dior bags had.
IMG_6420.JPG I knew what I liked so I got the hunter green bag. Here she is at the store.IMG_6391.JPG
At home in my room--the light a warmer and softer.
IMG_6424.JPG IMG_6425.JPG
I was very, very impressed with the service at Dior. They offered me sparkling water in a glass flute. My personal shopper said in Chanel you have to ask for still water and they give it to you in a plastic cup--which is nice but I know which service I prefer! Literally, this bag is starting a new interest in Dior. I'm already plotting my next purchase!

I wanted a new bag and had a trip booked to London so I figured I would buy it there coupled with a weak pound and I knew it was the perfect opportunity.
My shopping experience at Dior was a fantastic experience. I stopped into Selfridges concession and then again at Heathrow with a personal shopper. I was sure when I saw the bag in Selfridges, but I was considering the bags in this picture at Heathrow--the 3 finalists!
The blue bag has the champagne hardware also has the crystal strap. The green and burgundy bags have silver hardware. The burgundy in that photo had an adjustable plain strap which I wasn't aware Lady Dior bags had.
View attachment 3577825 I knew what I liked so I got the hunter green bag. Here she is at the store.View attachment 3577829
View attachment 3577834 View attachment 3577835
I was very, very impressed with the service at Dior. They offered me sparkling water in a glass flute. My personal shopper said in Chanel you have to ask for still water and they give it to you in a plastic cup--which is nice but I know which service I prefer! Literally, this bag is starting a new interest in Dior. I'm already plotting my next purchase!
She is a stunner! Congratulations!!!

Reactions: PinkTulip
Your bag is breathtaking! I know what you mean about plotting your next one. I have been doing the same since I bought my first Dior 2 years ago! Hope to see some modeling pics. I'm wondering about the wide embellished strap and how it wears. Congrats!!

I love it - so beautiful! I am considering my first Dior after seeing the LD on a whim over the holidays. It is such a gorgeous bag. And I totally agree - Dior service is outstanding! Enjoy your amazing new LD!

It looks amazing. Is it cheaper if you buy it at Heatjrow versus Selfridges?

Have fun wearing it

Since I was flying to a non-EU country, I got to save the VAT tax. If I were flying to another EU country, I would have paid VAT. Technically, I could have just bought it at Selfridges and claimed it back at the airport but I always forget/run out of time. So if I can, I like and prefer shopping at Heathrow.

Thanks for letting me know. A lot of the airport shops do 10% even if you fly within the EU. I thought Dior might do that too. Unfortunately not ;)

That could be right--in any event, the best discount is flying to an non-EU country. I know there's a Heathrow shopping thread somewhere on tPF. There might more accurate info there.

View attachment 3577825 I knew what I liked so I got the hunter green bag. Here she is at the store.View attachment 3577829
Grorgeousge
Gorgeous pinktulip! How do you plan to style it/what colors do you normally wear?
Congrats!

I was at the T5 store on Christmas Eve but they didn't have any crystal strap bags!!! Immensely envious, congrats on this beauty! (and the GBP has also dropped further with Theresa May's brexit speech, so your timing was great!)