My first Dior :) a reveal

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful Dior piece!

I don't suggest spraying anything on the leather. Instead, I suggest bringing a small plastic grocery bag with you so that if it rains, you can just put this bag into the plastic bag to protect it. It is small enough for that.

Because the leather is perforated, and is like patent leather, I do not suggest getting any water on it. The water can go under the finish and discolour or warp the surface. Also, water getting between the top surface and the interior leather lining can cause the lining to bubble and/or separate over time.

Wow thank you! Interesting to know! I actually bought a patent Chanel boy (or it’s on its way) and for some reason I thought patent was more water resistant. I live in such a rainy place that even tho your suggestions for the Dior make sense (since it’s so small) I’m having second thoughts about the patent boy...hmmm

Reactions: averagejoe
Wow thank you! Interesting to know! I actually bought a patent Chanel boy (or it’s on its way) and for some reason I thought patent was more water resistant. I live in such a rainy place that even tho your suggestions for the Dior make sense (since it’s so small) I’m having second thoughts about the patent boy...hmmm
I wouldn't have second thoughts about it. It is easy to put such a small bag into a plastic grocery bag should it start to rain/snow.

Leather in general should not be exposed to rain or snow. This applies to non-patent leather as well.

I wouldn't have second thoughts about it. It is easy to put such a small bag into a plastic grocery bag should it start to rain/snow.

Leather in general should not be exposed to rain or snow. This applies to non-patent leather as well.

That’s why I use Colloni waterstop on my bags, especially my lambskin Chanels. Works like a dream. I live in the PNW and if I could never use a leather bag in the rain, I would never use my bags - period. And there’s no fun in having them if you don’t use them. So I spray them, take them out and if they get rained on, no worries. They never get damaged.

Thanks for the advice about the Dior wallet.