My First Designer Bag

ontourinheels

Bag Dreamcatcher
Mar 20, 2010
At first I was hesitant to join Purse Forum because I really don't have much time on checking things on the web, but when a friend of mine told me that she had an amazing experience here (translates to broader view of the luxury industry especially bags) I just saw my self signing up for the forum.

And because I'm new with this, I thought of doing "My First Designer Bag" as my first post/subject.

"My First Designer Bag" was a second-hand (yep! not brand new. I was still cheap at that time and I'm a proud owner of some second-hand bags :biggrin:) Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy. I saved a portion of my 5 months allowance in college and bought the bag in a second-hand luxury store in Manila. I was ecstatic at that time because I really love the bag and since then I said to myself that in the future, I will walk the aisle of LV Manila and ask for the same bag and I will buy it. Two years after my dream did came true. I was able to replace the bag with a new LV Damier Speedy... and then some :biggrin:

DSC02150.JPG

I want to know what bag you first bought (not received) from your hard-earned money and how was the experience? and was it your first dream bag ('coz we all know the "dream" will not stop in every acquisition)?

Answer this:

"My First Designer Bag...."

:biggrin:

My First Designer Bag At first I was hesitant to join Purse Forum because I really don't have much time on checking things on the web, but when a friend of mine told me that she had an amazing experience here (translates to broader view of the luxury industry especially bags) I just saw my self signing up for the forum.

And because I'm new with this, I thought of doing "My First Designer Bag" as my first post/subject.

"My First Designer Bag" was a second-hand (yep! not brand new. I was still cheap at that time and I'm a proud owner of some second-hand bags :biggrin:) Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy. I saved a portion of my 5 months allowance in college and bought the bag in a second-hand luxury store in Manila. I was ecstatic at that time because I really love the bag and since then I said to myself that in the future, I will walk the aisle of LV Manila and ask for the same bag and I will buy it. Two years after my dream did came true. I was able to replace the bag with a new LV Damier Speedy... and then some :biggrin:

I want to know what bag you first bought (not received) from your hard-earned money and how was the experience? and was it your first dream bag ('coz we all know the "dream" will not stop in every acquisition)?

Answer this:

My First Designer Bag At first I was hesitant to join Purse Forum because I really don't have much time on checking things on the web, but when a friend of mine told me that she had an amazing experience here (translates to broader view of the luxury industry especially bags) I just saw my self signing up for the forum.

Answer this:

What a cute story! You appreciate things better when they are bought with your hard earn money. That being said, i do appreciate my bags to death although i didn't bought them myself. My first is a Mono Neverfull !

Great story!!!! I've yet to buy a bag w/ just my money, but the first bag I ever bought w/ at least half of my money was a neverfull azur gm! I was hella excited!!!! Maybe one day when my business finally kicks off I will buy my dream bag all by my lonesome!!

That i an awesom story!! My first designer bag was an Ellipse shopper. I saw someone carrying it and knew i HAD to have it. It is almost 14 years ago, and it is still beautiful today!

My first designer bag was a Kooba which retailed for $650 and I bought it at Luna Boston for $530 and I was ecstatic and nervous at the same time! That was the most I had ever paid for a leather bag. (That was the year all designer bags had gone up in price from the $300 category to $500+) I had to have it. It has whipstitching, is saddle colored, bow detailing on the straps and can be worn over the shoulder. Only problem is one of the straps broke and Kooba does not stand behind their bags once you buy them, so I had it repaired at a shoe maker and now my TD wears it.

My first premier designer bag was bought at the YSL boutique in NYC on sale for my "big" birthday - Rive Gauche in chocolate. There is something ridiculously psychological about when (speaking for myself) a woman turns a certain age and feels that by that time in her life she should have accomplished wearing a more sophisticated handbag! For a short time I was contemplating selling the YSL RG and replacing it for a Bottega Veneta, but have started wearing the bag again and falling in love again with it so I will just have to save up for the BV!

I will add this: There is something special about having to "earn" something in order to acquire it, rather than just adding on. I really feel it makes one appreciate their purchase so much more! :smile: