My First! Dark Green East/West Accordian

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I finally purchased my first (pre-loved) Chanel. Flap bags are too small for me. I hope this one will meet my many needs! I am very excited to see her in person!! I bought this one from a reputable online pre-loved site from which I have purchased several times before. I think I got the Chanel bug when shopping in Soho, NY with my boyfriend when he bought a pre-loved one for his teen daughter. I started with Coach and have moved on to Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Chloe, Zac Posen, Yves St. Laurent, and now Chanel. I usually try to avoid black because it is so basic and I love a pop of color. Purple is actually quite neutral and is one of my favorites. I also love beige and white, but this bag was available, and I think the contrast between green & black, as well as the large quilting against the smaller quilting and the aged turn lock make it unique.

Attachments

• Chanel.jpg
    Chanel.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 722
  • Chanel2.jpg
    Chanel2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 725
  • Chanel3.jpg
    Chanel3.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
I finally purchased my first (pre-loved) Chanel. Flap bags are too small for me. I hope this one will meet my many needs! I am very excited to see her in person!! I bought this one from a reputable online pre-loved site from which I have purchased several times before. I think I got the Chanel bug when shopping in Soho, NY with my boyfriend when he bought a pre-loved one for his teen daughter. I started with Coach and have moved on to Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Chloe, Zac Posen, Yves St. Laurent, and now Chanel. I usually try to avoid black because it is so basic and I love a pop of color. Purple is actually quite neutral and is one of my favorites. I also love beige and white, but this bag was available, and I think the contrast between green & black, as well as the large quilting against the smaller quilting and the aged turn lock make it unique.
Very pretty, congratulations!

Thank you all. I am usually a little nervous about buying a bag sight unseen, but I think this one is going to really suit me both for practical needs, as well as evenings out.

Now that this bag has arrived, I don't think it looks quite as fabulous in person. I am having trouble uploading photos - it now says my photos are too large but I can't resize them. The bag is not as rich looking in person. The light green leather on the sides is rather "flat" looking in color. The leather is a lot lighter in weight than I had imagined, which, I suppose has its plus side. The dark green leather is very wrinkly crinkly and cracked - as it is show in the pics and supposed to be. But I thought it would feel more supple. I love the antiqued hardware and the shape. I think it is unique. But at $2000+, should I not feel over the moon about this bag? But if I send it back, I do not think I will find another that is unique in color and style like this, and I fear I will regret losing this bag if I send it back! I have about 2 more weeks to decide before I must make a decision to send it back or not.

If you don't LOVE it, then I would say send it back. I bought one from fashionphile..took too long to decide that i didn't love it enough and then when I sold it back to him, I lost quite a bit of money. I am sure you would come across something that will make you feel over the moon because for $2K plus, it should :smile:
PS: For re-sizing, open the pics in MS Paint. Ther is a resize button at top...Usually 50% scaling works. Still good quality and easily upload-able(?) here..

I had a lot of trouble with pics until I downloaded the app. Now I do everything on my phone and the app does something automatically so that you can upload pics easily.

Re the bag....I agree....if you don't love it, I say return it. I think that you should love every purchase :smile:. Good luck deciding!