my first contribution to PF: My experience about postage on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaovu91

Aug 1, 2013
hello guys, i want to share my experience when i bid on ebay. As my habbit, i often bid first as i dont know i can win the auction or not even when i see the unreasonable postage. One day, i bid on a burberry watch box of seller : x. its price just 4$ but the postage is 14.95$ for standard shipping. As usual, when the sellers see the unreasonable postage, they often adjust it for me, i often pay just 7-8$ for priority shipping, but when i ask this seller about the postage adjustment, seller said she could just adjust it to 10.5$, and i was not happy with this, i didnt know that once i bid, i have to agree with postage, then i told seller that i wanted to cancel the transaction as i was not happy with the postage, and i did tell very polite and told seller that i did know seller wasnt happy with the won price and advised seller should set the starting price higher and specify the postage lower, but seller didnt accept and told me she would file a non paying bidder if the payment was not clear within 3 days.i did send seller 3 messages to apologize but seller didnt agree. And i was very angry and told seller that i would pay and annouce buyers about bad seller via feedback, after that, i realized i was wrong and seller may report me, then i apologized to her and did give her a possitive feedback with 5 stars after that as my apology, but seller tried to obligate me buy this item and told me she could adjust it 9$, but i really uncomfortable at all with this seller, i just wanted to leave as soon as i could as i was scared at that time, and i told seller i only want to leave and if seller didnt want to cancel transaction, i would pay then return it to recieve my original postage. and seller did request cancel and then she called ebay to report me threaten her, even i did give her possitive feedback BEFORE she agree with me to cancel transaction.
I KNOW THIS STORY, BOTH I AND HER ALSO HAVE FAULT, AND I JUST WANT TO SHARE IT TO PEOPLE, BEFORE YOU BID ON AN ITEM YOU FEEL THE UNREASONABLE POSTAGE, SEND SELLER MESSAGE FIRST.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how the seller was at fault. The postage cost was clearly displayed when you bid. If I see an item with ridiculous postage, I move on to something else. If you place a bid, you agree to the terms of the auction, one of which is the postage.

ebay can see how you violated policy. They can read e-mails. The seller's listing is pretty clear about shipping.

Your feedback left for others has a lot to be desired. Speaks mountains about how you buy and negotiate after the sale.

JMHO...

BTW Buyer's profile states she is in Vietnam. Are you using a forwarding service? Your seller's listing shows she ships to the US.

Last edited:
Exactly! why do you think it is OK to ask a seller to reduce the shipping cost? Sellers can set shipping at what ever cost they see fit. There are many sellers that offer free shipping as well.

OMG. Sorry to be blunt, but OP you are a nightmare buyer.

You bid on auctions when you don't agree with shipping cost, then expect the seller to lower it for you.

When they don't, you threaten negative feedback.

In this case, you also threatened a return if the seller wouldn't cancel the transaction.

Then you have the nerve to come here and try to lay some blame on her.

WTF?

Edited to add: you should consider breaking this "habbit" of yours before you get NARU'd.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
The high bidder for the Burberry watch box sold on November 8 has made 28 bid retractions in the last six months. Kind of speaks for itself... This is why, even speaking primarily as a buyer, I hate that sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

I don't see how the seller was at fault. The postage cost was clearly displayed when you bid. If I see an item with ridiculous postage, I move on to something else. If you place a bid, you agree to the terms of the auction, one of which is the postage.

You bid on auctions when you don't agree with shipping cost, then expect the seller to lower it for you.

In this case, you also threatened a return if the seller wouldn't cancel the transaction.

WTF?

yep!

hello guys, i want to share my experience when i bid on ebay. As my habbit, i often bid first as i dont know i can win the auction or not even when i see the unreasonable postage. One day, i bid on a burberry watch box of seller : funstuff2211. its price just 4$ but the postage is 14.95$ for standard shipping. As usual, when the sellers see the unreasonable postage, they often adjust it for me, i often pay just 7-8$ for priority shipping, but when i ask this seller about the postage adjustment, seller said she could just adjust it to 10.5$, and i was not happy with this, i didnt know that once i bid, i have to agree with postage, then i told seller that i wanted to cancel the transaction as i was not happy with the postage, and i did tell very polite and told seller that i did know seller wasnt happy with the won price and advised seller should set the starting price higher and specify the postage lower, but seller didnt accept and told me she would file a non paying bidder if the payment was not clear within 3 days.i did send seller 3 messages to apologize but seller didnt agree. And i was very angry and told seller that i would pay and annouce buyers about bad seller via feedback, after that, i realized i was wrong and seller may report me, then i apologized to her and did give her a possitive feedback with 5 stars after that as my apology, but seller tried to obligate me buy this item and told me she could adjust it 9$, but i really uncomfortable at all with this seller, i just wanted to leave as soon as i could as i was scared at that time, and i told seller i only want to leave and if seller didnt want to cancel transaction, i would pay then return it to recieve my original postage. and seller did request cancel and then she called ebay to report me threaten her, even i did give her possitive feedback BEFORE she agree with me to cancel transaction.
I KNOW THIS STORY, BOTH I AND HER ALSO HAVE FAULT, AND I JUST WANT TO SHARE IT TO PEOPLE, BEFORE YOU BID ON AN ITEM YOU FEEL THE UNREASONABLE POSTAGE, SEND SELLER MESSAGE FIRST.

Your seller has NO FAULT whatsoever! Please next time, READ everything before you bid. Your bid is a legal biding contract between you and your seller. When you bid, you agree with all terms stated in the listing, including P&P. If you don't like the P&P, DON'T bid! It's that simple. It's buyers like you are making eBay such a terrible place for honest people to work with.

WTF?

Edited to add: you should consider breaking this "habbit" of yours before you get NARU'd.

Totally agree.... & quite frankly this buyer should be suspended from buying/
selling on ebay

Sellers don't need "buyers" like this!!:nogood:

Seller has no fault, buyer is at fault 100%. There is a large sense of entitlement here, buyer should get what she wants, when she wants, regardless of the fact that she already agreed to different terms.

No wonder good sellers are leaving eBay.

Wow! I'm late to the party but your post reminds me of Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem, "How do I Love Thee, Let me Count the Ways"

My poem is "How Did I Violate eBay, Let me Count the Ways"

1. i often bid first as i dont know i can win the auction or not even when i see the unreasonable postage -- You are supposed to look that the listing and know what you're doing before bidding!

2. its price just 4$ but the postage is 14.95$ for standard shipping. As usual, when the sellers see the unreasonable postage, they often adjust it for me, i often pay just 7-8$ for priority shipping -- So you don't bid if you don't like the "unreasonable postage!" You don't ask the seller to adjust it!

3. seller said she could just adjust it to 10.5$, and i was not happy with this, i didnt know that once i bid, i have to agree with postage -- You DID agree to the postage by bidding on the item

4. then i told seller that i wanted to cancel the transaction as i was not happy with the postage --- too bad the seller didn't tell you to pound sand! You have no right to ask to cancel!

5. and i did tell very polite and told seller that i did know seller wasnt happy with the won price -- I doubt that you were "very polite" and the fact that you weren't happy with the price indicates that you shouldn't have bid!

6. advised seller should set the starting price higher and specify the postage lower, but seller didnt accept -- Who are you to advise the seller on how to run her business?

7. told me she would file a non paying bidder if the payment was not clear within 3 days. -- I hope she did file NPB!! And if this is a habit of yours, maybe that NPB might be the final straw and you won't be able to continue your practices!

8. i did send seller 3 messages to apologize but seller didnt agree. And i was very angry and told seller that i would pay and annouce buyers about bad seller via feedback -- Feedback extortion!! Another policy violation and you are wrong!

9. i realized i was wrong and seller may report me, then i apologized to her and did give her a possitive feedback with 5 stars after that as my apology -- I bet you were reported and got a warning from ebay and that's why you apologized!

10. seller tried to obligate me buy this item and told me she could adjust it 9$, but i really uncomfortable at all with this seller -- YOU'RE uncomfortable?? You bullied the seller so why are you uncomfortable? She's the one who should be uncomfortable doing business with you!

11. i told seller i only want to leave and if seller didnt want to cancel transaction, i would pay then return it to recieve my original postage. -- More extortion and threats from you!

12. and seller did request cancel and then she called ebay to report me threaten her -- I hope she did report you!

13. even i did give her possitive feedback BEFORE she agree with me to cancel transaction.
I KNOW THIS STORY, BOTH I AND HER ALSO HAVE FAULT, AND I JUST WANT TO SHARE IT TO PEOPLE, BEFORE YOU BID ON AN ITEM YOU FEEL THE UNREASONABLE POSTAGE, SEND SELLER MESSAGE FIRST. -- Actually, you're the one who I don't want to do business with!

IMO, no seller should have to put up with this type of buyer. There is absolutely nothing you did right in this transaction!

Status
Not open for further replies.