my first coach purchase..help!

dokugaku

O.G.
May 29, 2006
Weeeelll..I haven't bought anything for 2 weeks, so I need to get sumthing to fill my shopping void..haha. This will be my first coach purchase and I've already decided that its going to be a wristlet, because I never owned any before. I'm having a hard time deciding which colour though, since all three colour choices that it comes in looks pretty good to me. I'm hoping to decide before I go buy it so that I don't end up going home with 3 wristlets...:lol: :lol: :lol:
so heres the link w/ the 3 colour choices:
Coach - New COACH HAMPTONS SIGNATURE STUDDED WRISTLET

Thanks for all your help! :P :heart:

I don't have any coach bags, and most of my bags are brown or black. so the khaki colour would match all of them, except my epi bags (which are pretty bright coloured..hehe). The handbags I have are mostly from lv, gucci, and chanel, if that helps? *sigh* I like the blue too, and I thought my mind was made up, but then the next day I looked at the other colours and I change my mind..haha. Are wristlets very useful? I've never used one, so I'm not sure. If so, then I don't mind getting 2..haha..sigh~~~

I really like the gold...I personally don't use wristlets. I use mini skinnys alot, everyday. I've bought wristlets in the past kept them for a couple of months in hopes of eventually using them, but never get to it so I just return/exchange them.

i'm not a wristlet person either- i prefer my mini skinny. my wristlets jst end up being change purses and a place to stuff my receipts.
i'd say get the blue. if most of your bags are brown/black, it'll add some color.

I love my wristlets!!!

You can use them as a cosmetic bag when you carry a larger purse or you can use it AS a purse!! They will easily fit your keys, lipgloss, money/cards, and depending on your cell phone possibly even that as well.

I think they are very handy!!!

As far as color - if your shoes and bags are black and brown, I would personally get the brown. But then if you have seen my stuff, you know how I am about matching. But the blue is nice and bright and cheerful - I love the new blue stuff! And the gold is very sophisticated, however I have never had any of that metallic gold leather/suede and I am not sure how well it holds up. Especially to use INSIDE of a purse.

But maybe those who have had this material can add their experience. I would hate for this to be your first Coach piece and to have it not hold up to your expectations and be turned off. Because Coach is fantastic line and I have been amazed at their strength.

Just my opinion :smile:

I use my wristlets as my digital camera holder! It fits perfectly. I also use it when going out to the bars/clubs where I need something small and the smoke odor won't be too heart-wrenching cause it's a wristlet and not a bag.

i love that wristlet but i'm waiting for the sale :smile:

personally right now i want to get the embossed c's wristlet. it has two compartments there and it isn't big, but definitely could fit your camera, money as well as cell phone inside

the red color one, there is only 17 left last time i checked =X i won't get to go to the coach store until two days later...hopefully i can still order.

ms-whitney - How do yu noe it will go on sale? I've looked at all the other ones they have and this one is the only one I like.

Thanks for all your opinions! Personally, I was planning to use it to hold my pads...haha, so that when I'm in lecture or between lectures during my period, I can still have fab accessories to take to the washroom. :lol: :lol: :lol: But I didn't know there was a question for durability with the gold leather..hmm..do you mean that it will peel?

^^ LOL. i did a total 180, i totally ditched my mini skinny recently after beating my first one to the ground, and started using my first coach which was the black and white hamptons wristlet inside my long champ tote for work. i got the smaller wristlet in suede, but i cant fit anything into it, so im debating on whether to return it. Love the color and the suede though :sad: and i have a small zip up wallet much like the coach one on the site that i'm starting to use so that may be my deciding factor.. but for tampons that should be fine lol, i do that as well, it works great.

dokugaku said:
ms-whitney - How do yu noe it will go on sale? I've looked at all the other ones they have and this one is the only one I like.

Thanks for all your opinions! Personally, I was planning to use it to hold my pads...haha, so that when I'm in lecture or between lectures during my period, I can still have fab accessories to take to the washroom. :lol: :lol: :lol: But I didn't know there was a question for durability with the gold leather..hmm..do you mean that it will peel?

because at 158$ some people would rather get a purse.

trust me - unless there is some craze where that wristlet would be "hot" it would be around when they have the delete and that's when i'll get it on sale :smile:

the wristlet, and the coin purse for the patchwork is a perfect example. the bag sold out quickly, but the accessories were slower to go.

or the scarf print. the hobo was sold out so fast it wasn't even available to order, or in any stores as of a month ago. but the wristlets and makeup case is still around and you can be sure those will be at outlet if not already.

just a hunch i guess.

i could be wrong but so far no one's jumping over people trying to get it.

that and the mosaic suede wristlet (priced at 198) is just a tad expensive to me.

I cannot BELIEVE the price of some of those wristlets!!

The mosaic suede and the geometric suede one - and they are just the regular 8x4 size - at $148 and $198 respectively!!!!!!!! :wtf:

Coach - New HAIR CALF WRISTLET
And then THIS one - even smaller at 7 1/4 x 4 - at....get this.....

$298

That is just insane if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new flap design at $98 for the khaki Signature with leather and then the new embossed leather for $118 is alot more acceptable, since they really could be used as a bag, with the credit card pockets, etc. But $298?!?!?! Even the bordeaux pony hair is only $168.....

Anyway, question for you Ms. Whitney - since it seems you know a bit about Coach ;)

What do you know about that sueded metallic gold!?!?!?

Will that hold up just as everything else Coach does?? I mentioned it above and the OP asked what I meant.....and I don't want to say something that is NOT TRUE!! It is just an assumption I made.....and I would feel horrible if I started a rumor like that!!! I was just afraid that if she got that one, and it being her first Coach piece if the gold suede didn't hold up like Coach is known for, especially when being used inside of a bag and rubbing up against other items and taken in and out.

"What do you know about that sueded metallic gold!?!?!?

Will that hold up just as everything else Coach does?? I mentioned it above and the OP asked what I meant.....and I don't want to say something that is NOT TRUE!! It is just an assumption I made.....and I would feel horrible if I started a rumor like that!!! I was just afraid that if she got that one, and it being her first Coach piece if the gold suede didn't hold up like Coach is known for, especially when being used inside of a bag and rubbing up against other items and taken in and out."

i know it sucks. hate to say it, because it looks sooooo nice and so soft, but it's suede in the end, and the gold will.....rust so to speak. i have known managers that will return, and help that person who mistakenly brought it w/o warning from the SA (whether this is true or not is left unknown) and those people were either very nice but firm, or looked like they were going to blow a casket and caught the manager at the right time, when he/she just didn't want to deal with it and returned it

so you can always try, and just get switch to another bag, free of charge, when it doesn't hold up.

it always help when you look like a major coach fan, loaded, or both when you are attempting to pull this off..not always guarnteed because SAs are always suppose to tell you, suede is a delicate leather, easily dirty, and not an everyday material, esp in light colors.

coach always stand by it's product and is about customer service and satisfaction. if i were you, i wouldn't get it for an everyday piece.

you made an excellent assumption =D