My first clic clac a disappointment ... Please help!

Hi everyone. I've been collecting H scarves with a passion for quite some time, but only recently decided that I was ready to transition to bracelets as well.

I'd been eyeing clic clac bracelets for a while and had spoken to my SA about them. I have thin wrists - about 5 1/2 inches - and she told me enamels would slide too freely on my arm (something I don't like) but that the smaller size of clic clacs - the PMs - should work nicely. I finally ordered one from H.com, and it arrived today. It's beautiful - but unfortunately it doesn't sit snugly on my arm but slides all the way down my wrist. (Yes, I know, I know, I should have tried it on in a store - but it's been really hectic for the past few months and ordering online was my only chance of a holiday treat ...)

My question to all the clic-clac owners with small wrists: is this how you generally wear your clic clacs - is it really supposed to slide like that? Is there any trick I can use to make it fit better? Or is there some chance I received my bracelet in the wrong size (ie, GM instead of PM)? I love it, but if I can't figure out a better way to wear it, I'm afraid I'll have to return it, which is quite disappointing ... Thanks so much!

Hi everyone. I've been collecting H scarves with a passion for quite some time, but only recently decided that I was ready to transition to bracelets as well.

I'd been eyeing clic clac bracelets for a while and had spoken to my SA about them. I have thin wrists - about 5 1/2 inches - and she told me enamels would slide too freely on my arm (something I don't like) but that the smaller size of clic clacs - the PMs - should work nicely. I finally ordered one from H.com, and it arrived today. It's beautiful - but unfortunately it doesn't sit snugly on my arm but slides all the way down my wrist. (Yes, I know, I know, I should have tried it on in a store - but it's been really hectic for the past few months and ordering online was my only chance of a holiday treat ...)

My question to all the clic-clac owners with small wrists: is this how you generally wear your clic clacs - is it really supposed to slide like that? Is there any trick I can use to make it fit better? Or is there some chance I received my bracelet in the wrong size (ie, GM instead of PM)? I love it, but if I can't figure out a better way to wear it, I'm afraid I'll have to return it, which is quite disappointing ... Thanks so much!

I am sorry the clic clac isn't everything you hoped for :hugs:

I just measured my wrist, and mine is about 5 3/4 inches around. The clic clacs are essentially a bangle as well-- they slide freely. If you love the design, maybe you could wear it in a stack, with a bracelet below it, holding it where you like it on your arm-- if that makes sense?

Personally I like the look of the clic clacs sitting right at my wrist, where they fall-- but everyone is different!

The GM's are definitely bigger-- I can slide one on and off over my hand without opening the clasp.

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your buy!

I have tiny wrists and use PM enamels and clic-clacs. I tend to like them moving freely around my wrist, I don't even try to place them higher on my arm. I guess this is a matter of preference.. I understood that you don't like the fact that it is a wrist bracelet? Maybe in this case you should just return it and look for another item once you have the chance to visit a store.

Thank you, everyone, for your quick replies. This is very helpful: I was under the (obviously erroneous) impression that the printed enamels slide but the clic clacs fit snugly. Hmm ... I guess I'll have to think about it - I do love the look but I'm not sure about the fit. (I'm attaching a quick photo - sorry for the poor quality.)

Attachments

• DSC02170.JPG
    DSC02170.JPG
    768.4 KB · Views: 4,839
Reactions: LizFromMaine
Thank you, everyone, for your quick replies. This is very helpful: I was under the (obviously erroneous) impression that the printed enamels slide but the clic clacs fit snugly. Hmm ... I guess I'll have to think about it - I do love the look but I'm not sure about the fit. (I'm attaching a quick photo - sorry for the poor quality.)

It looks gorgeous on your slender wrist! Do keep it! :tup:

hi spring in paris! your clic clac is beautiful on you but i'm sorry you're a bit disappointed with it! it is definitely meant to be worn as a bangle, and if you want a snug fit you need to get a KD or CDC... i personally think it looks gorgeous on you!

my wrist is 5.5 inches also....

to prevent my clic clac from sliding down, i usually stack it with several other bracelets/watch like so... a watch closer to the wrist area will be snug and prevent the clic clac from sliding further down:

Attachments

• bo2.jpg
    bo2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 5,053
It looks beautiful on you! My wrists are the same size as yours and my clic clacs slide up and down my arm too. I think these bracelets look great as bangles!!

I don't like a large bangle or cuff either. I have tiny wrists, too. A PM wide printed enamel is too big for me. I have one in my drawer I got talked into and just can't wear it. One of my leather cuffs is too big, also. I tried on a GORGEOUS horn cuff the other day. It was a GM and it was, sigh, just too much. I cannot stack, I can maybe wear a watch and a link-type bracelet and a bangle on my right wrist. I had (had) my beautiful green jade bangle until I dropped it on my bathroom floor. But, I am told a crack is good luck. I still have my red jade, but that would have to stay on my wrist permanently.