My first clic clac a disappointment ... Please help!

Oct 27, 2009
USA
Hi everyone. I've been collecting H scarves with a passion for quite some time, but only recently decided that I was ready to transition to bracelets as well.

I'd been eyeing clic clac bracelets for a while and had spoken to my SA about them. I have thin wrists - about 5 1/2 inches - and she told me enamels would slide too freely on my arm (something I don't like) but that the smaller size of clic clacs - the PMs - should work nicely. I finally ordered one from H.com, and it arrived today. It's beautiful - but unfortunately it doesn't sit snugly on my arm but slides all the way down my wrist. (Yes, I know, I know, I should have tried it on in a store - but it's been really hectic for the past few months and ordering online was my only chance of a holiday treat ...)

My question to all the clic-clac owners with small wrists: is this how you generally wear your clic clacs - is it really supposed to slide like that? Is there any trick I can use to make it fit better? Or is there some chance I received my bracelet in the wrong size (ie, GM instead of PM)? I love it, but if I can't figure out a better way to wear it, I'm afraid I'll have to return it, which is quite disappointing ... Thanks so much!

Aug 31, 2009
Hi everyone. I've been collecting H scarves with a passion for quite some time, but only recently decided that I was ready to transition to bracelets as well.

I'd been eyeing clic clac bracelets for a while and had spoken to my SA about them. I have thin wrists - about 5 1/2 inches - and she told me enamels would slide too freely on my arm (something I don't like) but that the smaller size of clic clacs - the PMs - should work nicely. I finally ordered one from H.com, and it arrived today. It's beautiful - but unfortunately it doesn't sit snugly on my arm but slides all the way down my wrist. (Yes, I know, I know, I should have tried it on in a store - but it's been really hectic for the past few months and ordering online was my only chance of a holiday treat ...)

My question to all the clic-clac owners with small wrists: is this how you generally wear your clic clacs - is it really supposed to slide like that? Is there any trick I can use to make it fit better? Or is there some chance I received my bracelet in the wrong size (ie, GM instead of PM)? I love it, but if I can't figure out a better way to wear it, I'm afraid I'll have to return it, which is quite disappointing ... Thanks so much!
I am sorry the clic clac isn't everything you hoped for :hugs:

I just measured my wrist, and mine is about 5 3/4 inches around. The clic clacs are essentially a bangle as well-- they slide freely. If you love the design, maybe you could wear it in a stack, with a bracelet below it, holding it where you like it on your arm-- if that makes sense?

Personally I like the look of the clic clacs sitting right at my wrist, where they fall-- but everyone is different!

The GM's are definitely bigger-- I can slide one on and off over my hand without opening the clasp.

DiamondS

Hermès collector
O.G.
Oct 2, 2007
Europe
Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your buy!

I have tiny wrists and use PM enamels and clic-clacs. I tend to like them moving freely around my wrist, I don't even try to place them higher on my arm. I guess this is a matter of preference.. I understood that you don't like the fact that it is a wrist bracelet? Maybe in this case you should just return it and look for another item once you have the chance to visit a store.

mssurgeonoo7

For Love of Hermes
O.G.
May 17, 2009
They slide on my small wrists too so sometimes i will just stack or wear over long sleeve shirt and then it stays in place.

Oct 27, 2009
USA
Thank you, everyone, for your quick replies. This is very helpful: I was under the (obviously erroneous) impression that the printed enamels slide but the clic clacs fit snugly. Hmm ... I guess I'll have to think about it - I do love the look but I'm not sure about the fit. (I'm attaching a quick photo - sorry for the poor quality.)

Attachments

Reactions: LizFromMaine

MaggyH

Hermes fever
Mar 1, 2011
EU
Thank you, everyone, for your quick replies. This is very helpful: I was under the (obviously erroneous) impression that the printed enamels slide but the clic clacs fit snugly. Hmm ... I guess I'll have to think about it - I do love the look but I'm not sure about the fit. (I'm attaching a quick photo - sorry for the poor quality.)
It looks gorgeous on your slender wrist! Do keep it! :tup:

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
hi spring in paris! your clic clac is beautiful on you but i'm sorry you're a bit disappointed with it! it is definitely meant to be worn as a bangle, and if you want a snug fit you need to get a KD or CDC... i personally think it looks gorgeous on you!

my wrist is 5.5 inches also....

to prevent my clic clac from sliding down, i usually stack it with several other bracelets/watch like so... a watch closer to the wrist area will be snug and prevent the clic clac from sliding further down:

Attachments

Jul 30, 2006
I think it looks gorgeous on you! However if you are looking for something that is very tight on perhaps clic clacs are not for you.

egglet

O.G.
May 2, 2010
Perth, Australia
It looks beautiful on you! My wrists are the same size as yours and my clic clacs slide up and down my arm too. I think these bracelets look great as bangles!!

fashion_cat

Dec 29, 2011
Looks beautiful on you! I personally have a tiny wrist myself and practically all bracelets fit loosely on me. But I kind of like that look!!!

Jun 23, 2007
I don't like a large bangle or cuff either. I have tiny wrists, too. A PM wide printed enamel is too big for me. I have one in my drawer I got talked into and just can't wear it. One of my leather cuffs is too big, also. I tried on a GORGEOUS horn cuff the other day. It was a GM and it was, sigh, just too much. I cannot stack, I can maybe wear a watch and a link-type bracelet and a bangle on my right wrist. I had (had) my beautiful green jade bangle until I dropped it on my bathroom floor. But, I am told a crack is good luck. I still have my red jade, but that would have to stay on my wrist permanently.

chanel*liz

Aug 9, 2010
I think the clic clac looks great on you. I usually wear mine with something underneath to prevent lots of sliding, like the other ladies suggested