My first City, possibly a 2009 Lilac!

nova_girl

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
I'm a newbie to Balenciaga, although I've been a fan for quite some time. I never thought I would actually own any due to the price but in the span of about a month I've somehow become the owner of two Balenciaga bags! The first one I bought was a black Hip, priced at $199 from Nordstrom Rack, which I thought was a steal.

I was at the mall today (Potomac Mills, VA) and I decided to stop by Neiman Marcus Last Call. I did my obligatory walk through handbags, sunglasses, shoes and clothes and was on my way out via the jewelry counter when something caught my eye. On a shelf behind the jewelry counter was a Balenciaga! I had never seen one there, (although I might have overlooked ones in the past because I never look at the shelves behind the jewelry counter, just in the glass display cases), so I did a double take. At this point, I was just curious to know the price and touch one in person so I asked the very nice SA if I could see it. She brought it over to me, and mentioned in a hushed tone that I could have one item in the store at 40% off. The NM Last Call price was $1159, marked down from the $1545 NM price. I don't think I would have bought it at the Last Call price because I'm really trying to cut back on purses, but I couldn't resist at $695!

I chatted with the SA a little bit and she said that they received a red Balenciaga not long ago, so if you have a Last Call it's worth checking (behind the jewelry counter) to see if you'll get lucky. Since I'm not very knowledgeable about Balenciaga I wasn't sure which bag I was buying since it didn't come with the documentation (or the mirror or dustbag) but I knew it was either a City or First. From the wealth of information here, I think I've identified it as a 2009 Lilac City, but please correct me if I'm wrong!

Pictures to follow!

Front of the bag, with the tissue paper inside
IMAG0213.jpg

Back of the bag, with the tissue paper inside
IMAG0215.jpg

The metal tag
IMAG0216.jpg

The back of the metal tag
IMAG0217-1.jpg

The price tag, card found in the interior pocket, and the receipt showing the discount (not sure why it rang up as an Armani scarf)
IMAG0221_receipt.jpg

The bag without the tissue paper inside
IMAG0222.jpg

All pictures were taken with the flash on. If anyone would like pictures of the bag in natural light I'll be happy to take some tomorrow.

very pretty, but not Lilac, this bag's from 2011. I'm not too good with the newer season colors, but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you which one it is. great price!

It doesn't look like 2009 Lilac to me. It might be 2011 Parme.
A 2009 City bag would have a "Q" on the metal tag.
Also 2009 bags would have "made in Italy" in small letters.

Congrats. Great price!!

I'm 0-2 on guessing the correct style that I've bought! That's ok, I've enjoyed doing the research and learning more about the brand. I would think that the color would have to be either Violet or Lilac since those are the two colors on the card? From what I saw the Violet was much darker and the Lilac was a good match. I will take some pictures of the bag in natural light in hopes that one of the experts here will be able to identify it.

I'm 0-2 on guessing the correct style that I've bought! That's ok, I've enjoyed doing the research and learning more about the brand. I would think that the color would have to be either Violet or Lilac since those are the two colors on the card? From what I saw the Violet was much darker and the Lilac was a good match. I will take some pictures of the bag in natural light in hopes that one of the experts here will be able to identify it.

The name on the Barney's card does not always translate to the official Balenciaga colors. There is no 2011 Lilac. Looks like 2011 Parme. I had one briefly. Research Parme pics here on tpf. You'll see the similarities.

If you're looking for a 2009 Lilac, I believe there are two on Real Deal Collection.

Is it just me, or does the font on the back of the leather tag that nova_girl posted look wrong?

Here's how the tag from my 2009 Chataigne City looks.

Attachments

• Chataigne Tag.jpg
    Chataigne Tag.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
yack said:
If you're looking for a 2009 Lilac, I believe there are two on Real Deal Collection.

Is it just me, or does the font on the back of the leather tag that nova_girl posted look wrong?

Here's how the tag from my 2009 Chataigne City looks.

The numbers don't look as straight as the ones on your tag.

A big thank you to everyone for your comments and help. I have to pop into the office today for a few hours but I'll take some outdoor shots of the bag when I get home. I'm also going to post in the Authentication thread because the discussion of the way the numbers are printed on the tag has me concerned that it might be a fake. :sad: