My First Chloe!!

ifariarn

Sep 7, 2007
I am going to purchase my first chloe on Thursday from Bag Borrow or Steal; it is a paddington hobo. I have only seen the picture on the website; does anyone have any input on this bag? Is this a good investment? Any advice would be helpful especially if you own one of these. Thanks.

Hi there, I think we need to sign up to look at Bag Borrow or Steal, I see three hobos for sale. Although I don't own one, I think it's quite nice and can be carried over the shoulder. But I would recommend you search or ask if anybody have bought bags from them, since they rent them out before hand, the condition may be beat up? Plus they don't really give details inside and out on the bag. All of them just states 'gently used' in a generic form.

I purchased a Marc Jacobs bag from their outlet and recd a BRAND NEW bag with all of its tags still attached and sleeper bag. In addition, they offer a 30 day return policy so if you weren't happy with the bag you received, you could return for a full refund. Their customer service is very good and have heard nothing but positive things about purchased from the Outlet (most bags were either NWT or very gently used)

I purchased a Marc Jacobs bag from their outlet and recd a BRAND NEW bag with all of its tags still attached and sleeper bag. In addition, they offer a 30 day return policy so if you weren't happy with the bag you received, you could return for a full refund. Their customer service is very good and have heard nothing but positive things about purchased from the Outlet (most bags were either NWT or very gently used)

Thanks, that sounds great. I too have rented bags from them and they are always in excellent condition; i just have never bought from their outlet, but they do offer a good return policy. Hopefully , I will have the same luck that you did!!

here's a pic of my tan 05 hobo paddy. i don't know if they still make this style - and haven't seen a pic of yours... but I love the leather of my hobo and it's an easy bag to use and carry. plan on having it forever. congrats on yours - post pics when you receive it! :tup:

IMGP0282.jpg

Chloe paddingtons are not great investments if you are looking to make money. They are, however, fabulous investments in terms of a really chic and durable handbag. They are a fashion investment LOL

They really are very hardy and everything improves with age, so you end up with a lovely extension of your person in a way!

I think you will be really pleased - there's just something about them IRL that a photo can't capture... sigh!