My First Cheat

Well TPFers I need a new kind of meeting after my recent purchase. An hour ago I pulled the trigger on a LV that I have liked for a while but always told myself I just couldn't handle that monogram. I really just love the shape and function of the Artsy MM, so I bought it. So I'm over in the LV forum and there's all this talk of a price increase on Feb 18. So instead of waiting for a retail therapy getaway weekend Feb 22-24, I went ahead and ordered it in case I really like it. Why pay 5%+ more if the rumors are true? So I've officially cheated on YSL, but I blame SLP for my recent slippage due to the new bags that I have no attraction to. So there, I admitted it. Sigh...

Well TPFers I need a new kind of meeting after my recent purchase. An hour ago I pulled the trigger on a LV that I have liked for a while but always told myself I just couldn't handle that monogram. I really just love the shape and function of the Artsy MM, so I bought it. So I'm over in the LV forum and there's all this talk of a price increase on Feb 18. So instead of waiting for a retail therapy getaway weekend Feb 22-24, I went ahead and ordered it in case I really like it. Why pay 5%+ more if the rumors are true? So I've officially cheated on YSL, but I blame SLP for my recent slippage due to the new bags that I have no attraction to. So there, I admitted it. Sigh...

You traitor! *glares*

*Goes off to look at Dior bags*

You know this should be made into a thread because I have two YSLs and it is my fave brand but I have been sneakily contemplating other bags.

Last edited:
It is perfectly fine to appreciate other brands. I don't blame you for buying the LV. If you really like it then by all means get it. There is no shame in having bags of different designers. I used to buy only LV bags but as time went by, I discovered other brands. So, I slowly expanded my choices. Don't limit yourself to one designer out of so-called "loyalty". I don't think it works that way. If you like other designs from other designers, then go ahead. The world of bags is so big that it is such a shame to confine yourself to a single brand. ;)

:banned:
How dare you:nono::nono::nono:

Enjoy your LV:hugs::hugs:

Thanks ladies. I guess buying the LV, it just feels like the end of an era where I really loved YSL (all) bags. It just seemed different to carry the understated beauty in YSL. Ehh, it's just a purse after all! ;)

Oh, please don't change your profile picture! :smile:

I was actually thinking about starting a thread to ask what other brands YSL fans like, because I'm really curious about that. I tend to be brand-loyal myself, but think it's only natural to look for other things. And because YSL fans have such great taste :smile: I'd love to know what other brands the ladies in this forum like. I think many of us have similar, fantastic taste :smile:

I just looked up your LV bag and it's gorgeous - what color did you get? I saw it (or something very similar to it) in a soft white color over the weekend and thought it was beautiful. My problem with LV has always been that I associate it with that trademark brown and tan print and really don't care for that print, but LV does make some really beautiful, different bags.

I have a Proenza Schouler SKA that I love, and I caught myself pausing in front of a green Lanvin Happy bag this weekend . . .But, so far, nothing comes close to my love for my second version medium Cabas Chyc - it's special :smile:

Thanks ladies. I guess buying the LV, it just feels like the end of an era where I really loved YSL (all) bags. It just seemed different to carry the understated beauty in YSL. Ehh, it's just a purse after all! ;)

There, there dear...some of us understand the feeling! Its a sad reality innit? And Slimane didn't do anything to help some of us that were already teetering away from beloved YSL.

Anyway, like you said, its just a bag. Plus, you are allowed to spend your money how you please. I've strayed from YSL far more times that I should count, but my avi shows where my heart lies/lay(?)

*sigh* Now I'm getting sad thinking about the end of the YSL era...Slimane could still surprise us...if he doesn't get replaced that is :graucho:

this is NOT called cheating, all of us have many various bags I even started a thread on it, every other forum has it....just here only few of us contributed in the past...

this is the new one:

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-sai...your-non-ysl-non-slp-802744.html#post23966629

The initial old one was:

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/ysl-ladies-show-your-non-ysl-purchases-623498.html

we can not go on with the threadbecause it is very old, but will form new one, and we all share the love for other beauties out there for many reasons:

1. when I was the biggest fan of YSL I loved many other bags as well
2. now when SLP came and took over, we are even more searching around

and that does not mean that we do not like out YSL favourites (and perhaps SLP favourites , if any , in the future)

Last edited:
Oh, please don't change your profile picture! :smile:

I was actually thinking about starting a thread to ask what other brands YSL fans like, because I'm really curious about that. I tend to be brand-loyal myself, but think it's only natural to look for other things. And because YSL fans have such great taste :smile: I'd love to know what other brands the ladies in this forum like. I think many of us have similar, fantastic taste :smile:

I just looked up your LV bag and it's gorgeous - what color did you get? I saw it (or something very similar to it) in a soft white color over the weekend and thought it was beautiful. My problem with LV has always been that I associate it with that trademark brown and tan print and really don't care for that print, but LV does make some really beautiful, different bags.

I have a Proenza Schouler SKA that I love, and I caught myself pausing in front of a green Lanvin Happy bag this weekend . . .But, so far, nothing comes close to my love for my second version medium Cabas Chyc - it's special :smile:

There is NO purse I love more than my medium textured red cabas chyc!! It is a stunning architectural beauty! My family laughs at me because they call it the "purse in the glass case", but seriously it's as stunning as any museum piece!!! :biggrin:.

I tend to generally like Gucci (not ness the double G logo stuff, but their leathers). I also quite like Chloe and Valextra. I'm just starting to like Balenciaga all though it seems like they make just one purse in 400 different sizes, but I like their colors and soft leather.

As for the LV Artsy, I got the regular monogram. Mainly because I could use a utility neutral bag for work, and honestly because I thought if I wanted to sell it that most people like that monogram. No glass case for it though, it will have to slum it in the dust bag only!

There, there dear...some of us understand the feeling! Its a sad reality innit? And Slimane didn't do anything to help some of us that were already teetering away from beloved YSL.

Anyway, like you said, its just a bag. Plus, you are allowed to spend your money how you please. I've strayed from YSL far more times that I should count, but my avi shows where my heart lies/lay(?)

*sigh* Now I'm getting sad thinking about the end of the YSL era...Slimane could still surprise us...if he doesn't get replaced that is :graucho:

It is just kind of sad. But onto my LV, Chloe and Valextra for now!

HBA,

I'm cracking up at the "bag in the glass case" nickname for your CC. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and was deciding between it and the mini so I didn't take it out immediately, but I found myself taking it around my house just so I could gaze at it wherever I was - nuts, but it is so beautiful!

Congrats on your LV. You made a good choice, and maybe (fingers crossed) Slimane will come to his senses or be replaced in the future.

HBA,

I'm cracking up at the "bag in the glass case" nickname for your CC. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and was deciding between it and the mini so I didn't take it out immediately, but I found myself taking it around my house just so I could gaze at it wherever I was - nuts, but it is so beautiful!

Congrats on your LV. You made a good choice, and maybe (fingers crossed) Slimane will come to his senses or be replaced in the future.

Thanks Serenityneow!! Have no shame, I too take out my bag in the glass case to gaze her. I love her beauty, she's a museum piece. :smile: