My first Chanel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hello everyone, I am new to Chanel and just pre-saled my first chanel!!!! I pre-saled the MC Flap bag in black (larger size) and will get it Oct 26th the day of the bloomies charity event. Instead of getting 15% off like most of the store Chanel is not participating in that, but instead I will get a $15 gift card for every $100 spent!! I am soooo excited I can't wait, I have been admiring eveyones beautiful chanels, especially the MC flaps! Just a quick question...I remember reading somewhere about getting exempt from tax by telling the SA that it is a gift and they just send a gift receipt and there is no additional tax charge? I told my SA of this and she said that she cannot do that since I live in NY where there are bloomingdales. Did I mis-read something, or is this legit? Anyway, I am so excited and I will post pictures as soon as she arrives home!!!

2. Congrats!

3. That's a good buy for a pretty bag. Congrats!:yes:

4. First, congrats on your new bag!! The MC collection is great!

As for gift tax, your s/a is correct. Because you live in NY you can't have the bag sent to you as a gift to avoid sales tax. However, if you called a Bloomingdales store outside of your state (such as Chestnut Hill, MA) which carries Chanel, they should be able to honor a gift purchase. A mis-informed s/a might argue with you, but it can be done. I live in MA and always order from the NY White Plains Neiman Marcus to avoid tax. If I go into the Boston store or order on the phone from that store, I will be charged tax.

5. thank you so much roey i really appreciate it and will make that call tommorw!! Do you or anyone else have a particular SA I should use at that bloomies?? thanks!!

6. I don't shop Chanel at Bloomies but there is a very nice woman by the name of Nancy who works in that boutique. She wouldn't know me by name but I remember her because she is always super helpful when I go in to look.

7. Congrats on your CHANEL!!! woo hoo!

8. Congrats, can't wait to see pics

9. congrats, they are such a beautiful bag, post a pic with you and your bag.

10. Can wait to see pictures! CONGRATS!

11. congrats!

12. I love the MC flap -- congrats!

13. First congrats!!
    Second, is this the same bag that H has? I thought it came in only one size? do they make a small flap and a large one?

14. yes it is, it comes in too sizes a large and a small. Everyone that has one here has bought the large, I have not seen the small one yet, but that one retails for $1195.

15. congrats!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice