My First Chanel (Vintage!)

silkyykitten

Aug 29, 2020
Hey guys, I haven't posted anything on here before but today I received my first Chanel bag! I'm pretty excited about it so I thought this might be the place to share her. Based on the serial number I believe the bag was made anywhere from 1991 to 1994 so it looks like she is pushing 30 which is a decade older than me haha. I think the bag is in pretty good condition for its age and price (plus I love the vintage feel). The backpack is also suede so I got pretty lucky there. I found it while browsing eBay from a Japanese seller and thought the bag reminded me of a teddy bear or Christmas, two of my favorite things. She should be really pretty to wear for the upcoming winter but honestly, I plan on owning and wearing this bag for the rest of my life! I know it isn't the classic flap that everyone loves or even leather but she is super gorgeous to me and I'm in love. What do you guys think? Here are some photos (the photo in the middle is from someone on Instagram (emilyanngemma) since she owns the exact same bag as me and takes much better photos of it.)-

unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpg
bag zipper pull on the back
(zipper pull with golden ball for a pocket on the back)

Adorable!! I'm totally with you on the vintage Chanel backpack train - just picked up a smaller leather one this month and I think I like the size of yours better hahaha. :heart: It's sooo perfect for fall/winter - radiating cozy vibes!

Reactions: silkyykitten
Gorgeous bag! Chanel seems to have produced more suede pieces during that time frame. I have a magnificent black suede hobo which I purchased directly from the San Diego boutique in 2000 and it has held up so beautifully, as it appears your backpack has as well. They are such a velvety suede - congratulations and enjoy! :hbeat:

Reactions: silkyykitten