My First Chanel Purchase

rikkuex

Apr 14, 2015
Hello! I've been a long-time lurker of TPF -- never posted, but this occasion was momentous enough for me to change that :lol:

Background: I'm relatively young and don't own many luxury bags; I generally opt for contemporary designer bags as it's more in line with my age/"background". I recently started using a Mulberry bag relatively infrequently and even that was a big deal for me; my mom got a WOC almost a year back and it's just been sitting in my closet because I haven't "dared" to carry it out.

So today was Good Friday and everyone was off work so my family headed for a nice lunch. Knowing that the Spring/Summer collection launched in my country some time this week, we decided to head to the Chanel boutique just to have a peek -- I'd seen a S/S seasonal flap bag in the in-store catalogue a week ago and they told me to come back this week as they were launching the collection this week (I later found out they brought in 2 pieces of that bag, it was launched THIS morning and when I was in the store at 2pm it was sold out! Insane!)

There was a long line to enter the store as always (and the fact the S/S collection launched this morning made it more crowded than usual) and while waiting in line this beauty of a bag which I'd seen on TPF a few days back kept staring at me straight in the face... and once I entered the store you know where I went straight to :lol:

It was in a style and 'print' that I'd always loved (hence the perfect combination), in an absolutely gorgeous shade of red. But I'd always known I wanted to own a black classic bag at some point in my life (not right now though), so out of curiosity I asked if they had it in black. And that was the point of no return...

Attachments

• Reveal1.jpg
    Reveal1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,396
Without further ado..here she is! Black chevron classic flap in M/L -- love at first sight once I saw her :love::love::love:

Lighting in my place at night isn't too good, so here's an in-store pic as well which does the bag slightly more justice (and another comparing it with the old medium chevron boy)

Attachments

• Reveal4.jpg
    Reveal4.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,382
  • Reveal6.jpg
    Reveal6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,657
  • Reveal5.jpg
    Reveal5.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,357
Without further ado..here she is! Black chevron classic flap in M/L -- love at first sight once I saw her :love::love::love:

Lighting in my place at night isn't too good, so here's an in-store pic as well which does the bag slightly more justice (and another comparing it with the old medium chevron boy)

Gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

Congrats! This is great choice for your first classic and edgy at the same time. Wear her in good health