My first Chanel- Need input! - Black chevron caviar mini or?

mintchip01

Aug 2, 2017
Hi lovely TPFers! I have recently decided to take the plunge and treat myself to my first Chanel bag! I have really liked the mini square for a while, and I'm debating between the 2017 So Black mini and the black chevron caviar mini. Do any of you have these bags and have opinions? Or any general opinions about the So Black line in general? I don't think I can go wrong here, but am just curious since it will be my first one. Thanks in advance!

I love my caviar black chevron square mini! I did a reveal on here awhile back too (she was my first chanel piece) [emoji4]. Shortly after I bought the so black square mini but sold it because I already had a black mini that I loved so much and found the so black to be a bit edgier than I wanted. Plus I really love the silver and black combo, that and the caviar on my mini is shiny too - such a good mix. That red is stunning too! My vote it for the black chevron or red chevron (loving that red !) Good luck with your decision !

Here’s a pic of my black chevron mini to help:

IMG_0682.jpg

I am a SO Black lover, so my vote is for that one if you can still find it. Because of the black hardware, you never have to worry about the metal of your jewelry, because it works with everything.
If you prefer a little bit more elegant, then one of the two chevron mini's will do. Would you like a black bag (do you already have black bags?) or do you prefer a little splash of color (then the red chevron would be perfect)?
Go with your heart, with the one that makes your heart sing and works best for you.
Can't go wrong here anyway since all three are amazing.

Best of luck with your decision and please let us know what you decide :flowers:!

Reactions: OCMomof3
Oooohh. This is a hard one. I think the black chevron has the most striking contrasts, but the red is also just [emoji173]️[emoji7]. I would say both, with black chevron just slightly above red. Ask yourself if you’d grab it over black with your outfits. Hope to see what you get soon!