My first Chanel is here! Did I receive a good one?

Nov 25, 2006
Cali
So Fedex just delievered my very first Chanel-Jumbo caviar in Black (noir?)
from Bev. Hills Saks.

From what I've seen-it looks fine but I'm new to Chanel. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the bag!

The serial number starts with 13-that means it's the most recent right?

The 2nd pic-where the sewing is the top part feels a little rough-but I'm just being paranoid right? :smile:
Sorry for the bad quality on pictures-I just took quick shots so I can post it and will post better pics later.
I took the tissues out of the purse so it's empty.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
The Playground
i never get tired of looking at a jumbo.

your bag is absolutely fabulous and although I own a couple of jumbos, I still want yours lol

Chrisy

O.G.
Jun 7, 2009
I am not sure if it's me. I was in BH Chanel Store, NM and Saks two weeks ago. I noticed the class carvier from Saks seems to be more "sparkle" (as shown in the pictures above) where as those in NM and the Chanel store is more of a matte to it. I don't think Saks shippment should be any different but can some answer this question.

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
The Palace
It looks fabulous to me and yes, the 13 series is the most recent :tup:

Congratulations on your first Chanel :biggrin:

Jun 23, 2007
So Fedex just delievered my very first Chanel-Jumbo caviar in Black (noir?)
from Bev. Hills Saks.

From what I've seen-it looks fine but I'm new to Chanel. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the bag!

The serial number starts with 13-that means it's the most recent right?

The 2nd pic-where the sewing is the top part feels a little rough-but I'm just being paranoid right? :smile:
Sorry for the bad quality on pictures-I just took quick shots so I can post it and will post better pics later.
I took the tissues out of the purse so it's empty.
I don't know about the serial number, but the bag is beautiful. I'm really not sure what you mean about the sewing being rough. If you mean you can feel the stitching, I think part of the beauty of Chanel bags is that you know each piece is unique in that they are supposed to be hand-finished and perhaps the thread that is used is double thick so that it is more impervious to rips. I think you have a beautiful bag there and, in your own words, you may be a little too paranoid. It looks wonderful to me.
--judy

Nov 25, 2006
Cali
I don't know about the serial number, but the bag is beautiful. I'm really not sure what you mean about the sewing being rough. If you mean you can feel the stitching, I think part of the beauty of Chanel bags is that you know each piece is unique in that they are supposed to be hand-finished and perhaps the thread that is used is double thick so that it is more impervious to rips. I think you have a beautiful bag there and, in your own words, you may be a little too paranoid. It looks wonderful to me.
--judy
That's what I meant, stitching. Thank you!:smile: