My first Chanel bag, yes it's gonna happen this year!

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
Hi ladies :smile:

2007 will be the year I'm gonna buy my first Chanel bag. :yahoo:
I'm a handbag type of girl, not really fund of shoulderbags.

Can you please give me some advice and tell me which one you think would be appropriated for me?
I prefer a medium size. Black and light brown are the colours I like.

And maybe you can add some pictures for me?

Thanks!

Thanks! I will take a look in the reference library.

The timeless clutch in black caviar sounds very interesting to me.
Maybe you could whisper the price indication to me? :sweatdrop:

the timeless clutch is about 895$; hmm, i really like the luxe ligne-- they have some really cute bowlers coming out this spring in a distressed patent leather i believe...a bit pricey though...looking in the 2300 range i believe?

Oh yes, we pride ourselves on knowing what is coming out before it gets to the boutiques/stores--LOL
My S/A tells me he gets more info on the lignes from me than from CHANEL:roflmfao:
I tell him it is because of tPF-- he knows about tPF.
If you like brown, the chocolate Square Vintage tote is nice. I like brown as well but haven't heard much buzz or seen many pics on the forum with brown bags. Like the earlier post says the Reference Library will be a great place to look.

Thanks Penny!
I saw Tammy's bag and it's great. Don't know if the chocolate is the color I like. I think I prefer beige or black for my first one, but maybe for my second one...... :biggrin:

Thanks Penny!
I saw Tammy's bag and it's great. Don't know if the chocolate is the color I like. I think I prefer beige or black for my first one, but maybe for my second one...... :biggrin:

I have seen some beautiful beige classic flaps. One was posted a couple days ago that is very small. It is adorable. If you want a larger bag then the med or jumbo classic flap is gorgeous!! The beige colors I have looked at are very pretty. And black in any of the Chanel handbags is always a good choice. There are some very classy black bags right now. Did I overlook in your post where you mentioned which style and size of bag you are looking for?

As I go back and read your first post again - duh- yes, you said you are not a shoulder bag girl. So yes the timeless clutch is a great bag. I have one in black patent, but it does not seem practical for everyday use. If you could find it is the baby Cabas too large a bag for you? I really like my Diamond Stitch Tote in white, it also comes in black.

You're a sweetheart Penny to try to help me out :love:
Over the last couple of days I've seen a lot of beautiful bags here and I must say that some of the shoulder bags are to die for!

I'm looking for a everyday use bag, so maybe the clutch isn't the right one for me. I think I like the baby Cabas, did you post a picture somewhere? I've seen so much pictures on the forum, it dazzles me!

I know I like some of the bowling bags I saw here, but I'm not sure if that's okay for everyday use?

Penny, I love your collection, they're beautiful!
And the Outdoor Ligne Long Wallet.......yummie, I want it!
But I think the Cabas is too large for myself.

I shall take a picture tomorrow of my current handbag, so you can get an idea of the size I prefer.