My First Chanel Bag - Experts Help Please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone - the Chanel Forum is great! I think I just spent the last hour reading recent Threads to get up to speed on the most desired Chanel bags. That said, I am about to buy my FIRST CHANEL BAG ever and I'm super excited! :yahoo:I went to Saks today just to take a look since I've never picked up a Chanel bag. I looked at the GRAND SHOPPER tote that could fit a paper horizontally. I was thinking of getting this bag since I went in there looking for an everyday work bag, but after reading a few posts I'm not sure if I'm really considering all my options.:s

Seems like the FLAP BAG is very popular. I took a quick look at the small one I think, and I feel like I wouldn't be able to fit the usual items from my purse into it (wallet, phone, blackberry, small cosmetic bag, camera, etc.) I feel bad :sad:because I've read that the Flap bag is really classic and will never go out of style. I also don't really like flap bags that much in general, just because I don't like lifting up a flap to access the inside of a bag.

I looked up some pictures of the BABY CABAS and it looks like the size I may like, but from what I've read, it looks like it's really hard to find! :shrugs:

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. I generally hold a medium or long wallet, phone, blackberry, small cosmetic bag, camera, separate wallet for other cards, pen, etc. I guess I'm describing an EVERYDAY bag, but is Chanel an EVERYDAY bag? Or is it a SPECIAL OCCASION bag? Do you gals wear your flap bag EVERYDAY?

As you can tell, I'm totally confused as to what bag should be my VERY FIRST CHANEL. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'd be happy to clarify if needed. Thanks in advance!:shame:

2. I think the GST would make a perfect every day bag for you, and it's definitely timeless.