My first Chanel 2.55 - Help needed ;)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    Hi everyone!

I'm new here (but have been quietly reading the threads for quite some time ;)) and hope you can help me.
    I have finally decided to buy a chanel 2.55, but somehow I'm a little confused about the sizes. Have just been to the store yesterday but was kind of too embarassed to ask. I want it in black lambskin, but somehow the flap looked a lot different than on the pics.

For example:
    pursepage.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/sarah-michelle-gellar-chanel-purse.jpg

[​IMG]

The one that I saw yesterday looked more like this one (and didn't like it) :
    handbags-wholesaler.net/BImg/chanel_950.jpg

What size Sarah Michelle Gellar has? and what sizes are available?
    I really like the size that is shown on the first and second pic. but the one that I saw yesterday seemed smaller and the flap was definitely shorter (hope you know what I mean...:shame:smile:
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Edit: sorry, somehow the pics won't show, so I inserted them as links...

2. In the reference library: Style Codes and Dimensions of the Timeless Classics

The last link you posted is of a fake. Probably why you didn't like it :shame:. The one from the media blog is a caviar jumbo and the one Sarah Michelle Gellar has is a M/L lambskin, I believe.

3. Thanks a lot for your response, bdrmflr!

I looked at the guide before, but unfortunately there were no pics of the different sizes :hrmm: Because now I'm actually not quite sure anymore if I looked at the small one or the medium one. Because the flap seemed shorter at the store. Does anyone have a pic of the small one? Couldn't find anything over google and it kind of looked like the fake one. Sorry, couldn't find a better picture...hope you guys know what I mean :sweatdrop: