My first BV reveal!!

6efox

Apr 30, 2014
Hi everyone, so happy to meet you all!

I've been eyeing BVs for some time, reading up on posts here and spying on what everyone has been buying (heh creepy much?!). I was going to buy myself a small Roma but decided it was too expensive unless I received a pay rise.

Come pay rise time (albeit unexpected), I had already splurged on a Loewe Amazona and a Mulberry Bayswater very recently so I had to settle for something a bit more modest...

So here it is, my new, beautiful BV continental wallet in espresso!

IMG_1484626154.051583.jpg

IMG_1484626180.325406.jpg

IMG_1484626189.487410.jpg
The colour is just divine! And the softness of the leather is just so, so, so.... ahhh [emoji7][emoji173][emoji173]

I'll be petting him every chance I get without looking like a dangerous weirdo. Haha.

IMG_1484626213.371516.jpg
The interior indicates that it's not current season stock but I got him for a really good price with REEBONZ so all good.

A couple of minor points:
- I would have really liked to fit my iPhone 7 plus in the wallet without trying too hard and more card slots would have been great (but I guess that would make it quite bulky).
- Hopefully the edge holds up well I tend to abuse my wallets. I've read that the zip around tends to last better and is a tad bit wider but I really love the look of the continental.

Overall, I'm thrilled with my first BV purchase! I love my wallet so much. I think I've definitely been bitten by that bug everyone here is talking about.. I can see more coming my way not too far ahead in time [emoji38]

What a fabulous purchase! Here's to many adventures!

Thank you grietje! I have been admiring your posts and prized possessions. You are very witty and it's a pleasure to read your posts.

I have the same wallet. Really love her. So useful!

Thank you LMC! Mine's a he lol. I love him, he's so beautiful! How long have you had her for and how is it wearing? Do you treat her with anything?

Thank you LMC! Mine's a he lol. I love him, he's so beautiful! How long have you had her for and how is it wearing? Do you treat her with anything?[/QUOTE]

I've had mine for about 2 years now. Love it. Usually I just stick to it now because it's so roomy. :smile: always get compliments when I pull it out.

It barely has any wear to be honest. Nothing has come undone plus the leather is so much more supple than when it was new.

BV is addicting. You won't be able to stop with just a wallet. :amuse::cool:

Reactions: 6efox
I've had mine for about 2 years now. Love it. Usually I just stick to it now because it's so roomy. :smile: always get compliments when I pull it out.

It barely has any wear to be honest. Nothing has come undone plus the leather is so much more supple than when it was new.

BV is addicting. You won't be able to stop with just a wallet. :amuse::cool:

That's great to hear, I'm looking forward to growing old with it! Gosh BV will be so dangerous for my pocket [emoji849]

Enjoy.....that style is my favorite.....I've tried several styles but this one is the easiest to use and has virtually no signs of wear after three years of continuous use.

I'm so happy to hear it, LLANeedle! I'd been using an orange Chloé Paraty zip around wallet since May last year but small parts of inking have already chipped off and the zipper fabric part is looking very tired already due to its colour. So the BV continental was a perfect choice. I am petting it as I write this!

Classic and lovely. Enjoy [emoji4]

Thank you Buckeyemommy, shall do!!

Congrats! What a lovely pretty thing *drooling* :biggrin:

My very first Bottega purchase was a wallet, too. I stared at the BV shop windows for several times, regretting not having the budget for all these fine things. But the I needed a new wallet, first I went to Vuitton but the customer treatment was really awful. And then I just got the sudden exciting thought, that if I can buy a wallet of my choice it can be even a BV and headed straight to the BV shop. The wallet is a kind of lucky charm or was an open of a floodgate but now 3 ½ years later I own little collection of BV bags. :heart:

In the meantime I bought a few other wallets as well but last weekend I took out my first wallet again. It is kind of continental as well in a light blue I unfortunately forgot the name, something russian I remember.

I think you will have a long lasting relationship with your new wallet.

Congrats

! What a lovely pretty thing *drooling* :biggrin:

My very first Bottega purchase was a wallet, too. I stared at the BV shop windows for several times, regretting not having the budget for all these fine things. But the I needed a new wallet, first I went to Vuitton but the customer treatment was really awful. And then I just got the sudden exciting thought, that if I can buy a wallet of my choice it can be even a BV and headed straight to the BV shop. The wallet is a kind of lucky charm or was an open of a floodgate but now 3 ½ years later I own little collection of BV bags. :heart:

In the meantime I bought a few other wallets as well but last weekend I took out my first wallet again. It is kind of continental as well in a light blue I unfortunately forgot the name, something russian I remember.

I think you will have a long lasting relationship with your new wallet.

Thanks so much for sharing, medha. It seems like a really good group here. I feel quite at home!

I recently saw your beautiful BV collection in one of the threads! Absolutely stunning bags. I would just curl up next to them in my bed and never leave the house [emoji7]