My first BV bag and a question...

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Hi BV aficionados!

A few weeks ago, I posted asking about the small Chain Tote. Since then, I’ve been back to the boutique a couple of times and on Friday, I bought it! I think it’s going to be a much used, much loved addition to my handbag collection. :biggrin:

One question for all of you: The SA advised me not to get the bag wet — when pushed, he said it could handle some rain but to try not to let the bag get soaked. I don’t plan on abusing this bag, but I do plan to USE it, which will mean it will occasionally be exposed to some rain and snow (I live in New England). My question is, is the leather really that delicate? From what I’ve read bouncing around here on the BV forum, it sounds like my bag will soften but that generally, the intrecciato leather can take a pounding. Any advice?

Without further delay, here are some pics!

C7E2BA51-6065-4447-BF4D-D74D279F2DF3.jpeg B2C6BFEE-8E8C-42CC-A119-BFF95D8A9FE6.jpeg 1618A6F6-E44F-4C51-BDBE-7ABBF8230585.jpeg DB8930FB-88E4-4F66-95CC-E74BA1D99739.jpeg FFA31731-FDF7-4145-9C76-FE18F861EDEE.jpeg

That is a gorgeous bag! So elegant and understated. An excellent choice for a first BV. Congrats!

I have gotten some of my bags caught in the rain and in my experience, they all dried up with no marks/stains at all.

However, I have had trouble when I got the suede lining wet (had a wet umbrella in a leaky pouch). It left a water mark in the suede when it dried. Been too afraid to try any DIY to get it out.

That is a gorgeous bag! So elegant and understated. An excellent choice for a first BV. Congrats!

I have gotten some of my bags caught in the rain and in my experience, they all dried up with no marks/stains at all.

However, I have had trouble when I got the suede lining wet (had a wet umbrella in a leaky pouch). It left a water mark in the suede when it dried. Been too afraid to try any DIY to get it out.

Thank you! And thanks for the tip about the suede lining — I hadn’t thought about that. Good to know!

My BV s have gotten caught in rain and dried up just fine. I have also gotten the suede lining wet and a suede brush cleaned it right up,or at least softened it back up.

I’m so pleased to see you got it! A great first BV!

Thanks! I haven’t even used it yet (that will happen tomorrow!) and I’m already thinking about what I want next. This could be dangerous. :P

After a long stint of loyalty to Hermes, followed by a couple of bad experiences there, I am happy to find something new to love. The SAs at my local boutique are wonderful, everything I’ve been missing lately in the customer service area. And some of the new BV styles are exquisite. I think I have found my new “happy place!”

Hi BV aficionados!

A few weeks ago, I posted asking about the small Chain Tote. Since then, I’ve been back to the boutique a couple of times and on Friday, I bought it! I think it’s going to be a much used, much loved addition to my handbag collection. :biggrin:

One question for all of you: The SA advised me not to get the bag wet — when pushed, he said it could handle some rain but to try not to let the bag get soaked. I don’t plan on abusing this bag, but I do plan to USE it, which will mean it will occasionally be exposed to some rain and snow (I live in New England). My question is, is the leather really that delicate? From what I’ve read bouncing around here on the BV forum, it sounds like my bag will soften but that generally, the intrecciato leather can take a pounding. Any advice?

Without further delay, here are some pics!

View attachment 3904413 View attachment 3904414 View attachment 3904415 View attachment 3904416 View attachment 3904418
Great choice and start!! :tup:
congrats and wear it good health!
I have a Sloane in very light/ivoiry colour Aurore and i wash it in the sink after every use, i also washed my Vesuvio (bright red) Pillow when it picked up denim transfer, and i washed my Krim Veneta as well. They can withstand water just fine. No stains, no de-shaping, no any other signs of getting wet whatsoever. Just don't drench it and let it dry on a dry towel first and naturally on the door knob after, it will serve you well for many years. Enjoy! :flowers:

Congratulations to you, classically gorgeous bag.

My SA told me the same thing. I had a entire bottle of water spill in my woven Cervo hobo. I dried it naturally and replenished the leather with cream to reshape and it's perfect. Even though it's a different leather, I thought I'd share, BV are made to be worn regularly and last.

Congratulations!!! As you know I am totally biased as I love this style!

On rain drops I agree with everyone though I only got my BV caught in drizzles, not full rain....

I do believe intrecciato can take a pounding - even my most used BV (Atlantic Bella) does not show any wear at the corners like many other brands... that’s why I love BV!

Great choice and start!! :tup:
congrats and wear it good health!
I have a Sloane in very light/ivoiry colour Aurore and i wash it in the sink after every use, i also washed my Vesuvio (bright red) Pillow when it picked up denim transfer, and i washed my Krim Veneta as well. They can withstand water just fine. No stains, no de-shaping, no any other signs of getting wet whatsoever. Just don't drench it and let it dry on a dry towel first and naturally on the door knob after, it will serve you well for many years. Enjoy! :flowers:

Wow, you wash your leather bags? What kind of soap/detergent do you use? I’ve washed nylon bags but haven’t been brave enough to do more than Lexol wipes on leather.

Congratulations to you, classically gorgeous bag.

My SA told me the same thing. I had a entire bottle of water spill in my woven Cervo hobo. I dried it naturally and replenished the leather with cream to reshape and it's perfect. Even though it's a different leather, I thought I'd share, BV are made to be worn regularly and last.

Thanks, papertiger, this makes me feel better. I know SAs are always cautious and tow the company line of “don’t get it wet, don’t expose to sun, don’t wear dark colors with light fabrics and light colors with dark fabrics,” but you ladies are the ones who really use the bags and know what they can withstand. I plan to really use this bag as a workhorse so knowing your experiences helps.

Reactions: papertiger
Congratulations!!! As you know I am totally biased as I love this style!

On rain drops I agree with everyone though I only got my BV caught in drizzles, not full rain....

I do believe intrecciato can take a pounding - even my most used BV (Atlantic Bella) does not show any wear at the corners like many other brands... that’s why I love BV!

Thanks, Phiomega! BV’s reputation for quality and durability is part of why I decided to get this bag I’m hoping it will hold up for many years to come!

Wow, you wash your leather bags? What kind of soap/detergent do you use? I’ve washed nylon bags but haven’t been brave enough to do more than Lexol wipes on leather.
I am a daredevil :P
mild soap, i rub it fiercely to get thick foam on a white cotton glove and then wash the bag quickly with quick moves and rinse it with the same cloth, just gently watering the bag.

Reactions: catsinthebag