My first Birkin!!

1. So I have been dreaming of a birkin for years now, but couldn't fathom spending so much money on a bag. After years of buying Chanel and bearing its price increases, I thought it may be time to finally take the leap. My DH attempted to surprise me with a birkin last Christmas, only to be turned down by a not so nice SA who told him flat out "you can't just ask for a birkin." So I thought I may never get this bag. Last month, we were in Paris for 5 nights. I read so much about Paris and birkins on here and actually believed I would take one home. But I found out quickly that it wasn't that easy. Even with 3 trips to the stores each day, I came home empty handed.

So my DH finally said we're going to have to play the game if I'm going to get this bag and he said it may take a while. Two weeks ago, we went to the boutique and met a nice SA. We bought a tie from him and I asked him about wallets and bracelets but they didn't have the colors I wanted, but he said he would call me if any of the colors I mentioned came in. He asked me what else I wanted and I felt it was my opening to say birkin!! So I told him and he asked me what color and he wrote it down. On Friday, my DH bought a watch. And lo and behold...2 days later I get a call that a birkin had come in!!!

So here she is...:smile::smile::smile:

2. I can't wait to see it!

3. Introducing my first birkin- 30cm orange with GHW in togo!

image-2806962399.jpg

image-3200515303.jpg
  4. Gorgeous...;)

5. I always imagined my first would be a 35, but couldn't say no to this beauty!

image-848352026.jpg

6. Wow, that is a classic beauty! Enjoy her:smile:

7. looks fabulous on you!! many congrats..

8. Btw she's the perfect size for you :woot:

9. Congratulations!! It is very lovely and looks like it was made especially for you, perfect size & color combo!

10. so very nice enjoy in the best of health darling !!!!!

11. Marilyn,
    You look amazing with the bag! It was meant for you :heart:

I'm so happy that everything worked out for you and you didn't give up hope! Congratulations, and may you enjoy for a long time!

12. Lovely congrats :woot::heart:

13. Glad you ended up getting her! What a gorgeous bag. Congrats! :smile:

14. so rude!

15. So lovely, congrats!