My first Birkin has arrived!!!

Oh, she's a beauty! Look at the sheen, I love it! Congrats, birkin101!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Maybe I'm mistaken or am thinking of another leather, but isn't Ardenne discontinued?

That's what I heard from the ladies on this forum, but this bag is not new. The production date is 1999, but it is in the greatest shape. I got it from a wonderful reseller Sandiaexchange.

Your pictures turned out great!! Enjoy her! She is beautiful!

I gave up on trying to upload my pictures, those are the pictures of Sandiaexchange from the auction when I bought her. A lovely member from this forum volunteered to help my shrink and upload mine, so it's still in the works. I just wanted to share my experience with everybody as everyone was slowly getting impatient to see the pics.:yes:

OMG!!!:drool: :heart: I want one just like that!!
Is that kind of leather stiff or slouchy? Is it kind of like the togo?
Also what Hermes store did you get it from? If you don't mind me asking...how much was it?
I'm trying to get a gage on how much I need to have set aside before I start going into the H store. I'm thinking now with the price increase...around $8500?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I don't own Togo, so I cannot compare the leathers. From what I heard from the lovely members of tpf this leather has more sheen than togo and apparently is more durable. My bag is pre-owned and was bought by original owner in 1999. For leather quality it is in a greatest condition and when I took it to Hermes in Toronto to see if it need spa treatment, sa said that I can wait for a year or 2 because the bag and leather look great still. The leather keeps the form well, but is not stiff at all. Didn't notice any of the flap syndrome either.

When I went to the store, they had 32 HAC in Chevre Coromandel Brown for $8850 Canadian. As my bag was not bought there I got a discount from reseller and ended up paying around $6,000 US shipping included. The seller was absolutely wonderful as well. It depends if you want a new or pre-owned bag and whether you are willing to wait on the waitlist. The waitlist in our store in Toronto is 1 year. The reseller was highly recommended by members of tpf - Sandiaexchange.

Birkin101, congrats! I have an Evelyne in VA that's 12 or so years old and that leather is virtually indestructible. It doesn't slouch either but also doesn't have the 'plasticky' feel that some of the leathes with these qualities have. I am so happy that you have this bag!

That's what I heard from the ladies on this forum, but this bag is not new. The production date is 1999, but it is in the greatest shape. I got it from a wonderful reseller Sandiaexchange.

Oh I see, I thought you bought it from H. For a moment there I thought they're making this leather again.. so I can add it to one of my wishlist considerations, lol.

Beautiful bag. I really do love the slight sheen on it. Congrats again!:yahoo: