My first birkin and she's a vintage

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, very excited to share my new acquisition. I have wanted a Birkin for ages but couldn't quite manage to find the funds. Anyway I made the decision to part with some of my Chanel's and take the plunge. She's a vintage 1994 and was in a pretty bad way. I have scrubbed her up and moisturised for a few days and here is the result. I hope you like!! I am so excited. Say hello to my very first, one and only B30.:biggrin:

Attached Files:

2. She's beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!

3. This is what she looked like when I got her.

Attached Files:

4. Thank you! She means a lot to me. It was a hard decision selling some of my other bags and buying new was not an option for me, so I am pleased it all turned out well.

5. the before and after is stunning
    i am glad your hard work paid off and i am truly happy for you
    not only had you took the plunge but you also worked for days on the leather
    and darling the difference is almost unbelievable

6. I'm hoping one of you lovelies can tell me what sort of leather she is. I think it's Clemence but I'm not sure.

Attached Files:

7. It might help if you included the year stamp of the bag.

8. It looks like a smooth leather, definately not Clemence....

9. The year is 1994 X in a circle. There are so many leathers, it's very confusing, but a lot that weren't around at that time.

10. Clemence appeared much later, but the close up picture is not clear enough to be able to give it a name......Maybe you should send it to the Hermès spa and they'll tell you what the leather is.

11. Congratulations! She's beautiful.

12. Congratulations! What a gorgeous restoration you did! It's absolutely beautiful!! ️

13. So lovely!!! Congrats!

14. Congrats! You did an amazing job with the restoration. Enjoy her in good health!!!

15. The close up picture is a little confusing. But if the leather is smoothish, I would guess it is gulliver.