My First BE Bespoke

Hi Ladies. So, I finally did it. I ordered my first BE Couture bag. It is a graduation present for me, as my son will graduate college next spring.

It is: A Stroke Me, with tan bubble ram leather, caramel lining, brass fixtures.

The story: The Stroke Me was my first BE bag ever. In a still life photo, it looks maybe a bit strange, triangular maybe, it is hard to figure out. But the brilliance of the design is when you wear it. It folds into itself and molds into your body and is totally chic chic chic. The Stroke Me was one of BE's early styles. It is a gorgeous expanse of leather. Very simple.

I gave away my choco matte Stroke Me to my best friend, and every time I see her in it, I want to ask for it back, because it looks so amazing. People are always commenting on her (my) bag. But that's not my style, I'm not an Indian giver.

The Stroke Me lies flat in a suitcase. Looks amazing on. Flaps over in the most lovely way when you set it down. Feels great to wear. And truly, is a timeless classic. It is very light because there's little hardware. I will def post fotos when I get it. This one is forever.

jenbur

Nov 9, 2010
Sounds like the PERFECT grad gift for mama! Can't wait to see pics when you get it.:biggrin:

djfmn

Massaccesi Little Muse (acid green nappa)
O.G.
Mar 30, 2006
Palm Coast, Florida
Hi tropicalgal so nice to see you here. Your BE couture Stroke Me sounds wonderful. I love the fact you are giving yourself a graduation present as a parent I know you deserve!!!

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Nice to see you TropicalGal!

Your BEC sounds really lovely. And you know your own taste and preferences so well; I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the results.

I gave my mom a choco matte Stroke Me Midi a few years ago for her bday and she adores that bag. It really is so gorgeous and the leather is amazing. Never get tired of looking at that bag and she gets compliments all the time. You're a good friend to have gifted such a lovely bag! And congrats on the graduation--what a wonderful milestone to have reached.

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Oh, yes...it's crazy how fast that happens--something you know all too well, I'm sure!

Do you still have any of your other BEs? I took a long break and didn't buy anything for quite awhile and then found a couple things I liked this year. I still have my favorite dark grey LM Midi--my first experience with BE. What are you carrying now?

nunnla

Bonafide Bag Hag
Jun 20, 2007
Sunny Florida USA
A stroke me in tan bubble chevre; that's going to be a beautiful bag. My first BEC was a stroke me medium - dark green crash with purple lining and silver hardware.

Odebdo

Luv my labs!
O.G.
Mar 15, 2009
Land of Labradors!
Beautiful bag you have headed your way TropicalGal! Funny...Stroke Me Medium was my first BEC...it is a unique style for sure!

I love that you are treating yourself to a graduation gift for your son's college graduation! I know I really appreciated my Mom and her sacrifice for my college education...so you deserve a little splurge!

Moonfancy

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Hey, Tropical! So nice to see you here again! Can't wait to see the new bag. Myself, I LOVE the brass and caramel combo! Love, Beckie

Oh, yes...it's crazy how fast that happens--something you know all too well, I'm sure!

Do you still have any of your other BEs? I took a long break and didn't buy anything for quite awhile and then found a couple things I liked this year. I still have my favorite dark grey LM Midi--my first experience with BE. What are you carrying now?
The BE's I still have and use are oldies by now:
Purple pebble HOLD ME.
Black Pebble TME Midi. (but it is so heavy!)
One of the early, original Take Me Anywhere (?) weekender, in Choco Matte. It looks so worn and smushy now, I love it.
Black Crash Clutch me.

I will add to this collection:
BE Couture Stroke Me in Tan Bubble Ram
Vermillion Chevre Madrid

Everything else I've given away or sold. All my BE's continue to age well and look fabulous. I am into light and minimalist bags right now, and the new BE's tend to have lots of hardware.

As for what I'm wearing -- LV Neverfull, a Longchamps in Brick leather...very light, minimal bags. I still have some Mulberry, and a few super chic indie designers from Canada, California, and a Swiss waterproof messenger I picked up in Zurich. The fun continues!

Beautiful bag you have headed your way TropicalGal! Funny...Stroke Me Medium was my first BEC...it is a unique style for sure!

I love that you are treating yourself to a graduation gift for your son's college graduation! I know I really appreciated my Mom and her sacrifice for my college education...so you deserve a little splurge!
Awww...you are great for appreciating your Mom for her sacrifice! We moms deserve all the splurges we can splurge on. You are a great daughter!

What color/leather BEC Stroke Me did you order?

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
The BE's I still have and use are oldies by now:
Purple pebble HOLD ME.
Black Pebble TME Midi. (but it is so heavy!)
One of the early, original Take Me Anywhere (?) weekender, in Choco Matte. It looks so worn and smushy now, I love it.
Black Crash Clutch me.

I will add to this collection:
BE Couture Stroke Me in Tan Bubble Ram
Vermillion Chevre Madrid

Everything else I've given away or sold. All my BE's continue to age well and look fabulous. I am into light and minimalist bags right now, and the new BE's tend to have lots of hardware.

As for what I'm wearing -- LV Neverfull, a Longchamps in Brick leather...very light, minimal bags. I still have some Mulberry, and a few super chic indie designers from Canada, California, and a Swiss waterproof messenger I picked up in Zurich. The fun continues!
TropicalGal--I think several of us find that the older BEs are truly the most loved and used styles--it would be great to see some of the older styles return. I own mostly BE bags now--sold off or gifted just about everything else with the exception of a couple MK bags and Longchamp, which I really really love. They are so easy to carry and I use them for long stretches without changing.

On the BE side, I can't say enough about the Tote Me Midi and the London Tote Midi. The London Tote Midi is really perfect for my lifestyle with kids--you are well past that stages so I know your needs are different. The Tote Me midi, though, is so great for having a combination of a lighter tote with a crossbody option--it really does wear well that way, like it was designed for it whereas some other styles CAN be carried that way but don't look so hot, KWIM?

I find that the longer I have my BE bags, the more I appreciate them. ;)

I find that the longer I have my BE bags, the more I appreciate them. ;)[/QUOTE]

I agree Tejas. My "old" BE's are more beautiful than ever. I've been reading through these threads a bit...and after two years away...now I am hooked again, craving a Milan satchel and an LA satchel. This is terrible! ha ha!

I loved seeing everyone's pix. So inspiring... Sigh...