My first Balenciaga - Reveal - City and Mini City

Jan 19, 2012
It's two months from my 30th bday and I told myself i'll finally get my first high end bag. I went to George V (Bal's first store!) with my bf, and I got myself the Black City Silver GH and he got me the Mini City Gold GH in Bleu Mineral :smile:

Unfortunately, the black one did not come with a paper year card - as I had posted here: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/balenciaga-george-v-no-paper-tag-841400.html

Alas, the pics!

WP_001991.jpg

Excuse the toilet paper - I'm too cheap to buy kleenex at home...HAHAHA

IMG-20131026-WA002.jpg

IMG_20131027_192930.jpg

IMG-20131026-WA001.jpg

IMG-20131026-WA000.jpg

Thanks all! I'm getting bday wishes all over the place cuz of my bag - lolol - my bf won't stop making fun of me cuz it's soooo far in advanced. Whatever - i needed the excuse. Big girl now with a big girl bag!!

Both are absolutely gorgeous - big congrats!

(I would phone them about the tag. Not a major issue but irritating. They should be able to help you out I think - good luck!)

Both are absolutely gorgeous - big congrats!

(I would phone them about the tag. Not a major issue but irritating. They should be able to help you out I think - good luck!)

Thanks for the advice. When i think about it, i realize it's not a huge deal since people lose that kinda stuff all the time and if they had given me a tag from another bag, I wouldn't really know any different. My bag could be a return that's a 2012 model as the leather is more supple from all the 2013 i have seen, which is okay with me since i think that's more important to me. I would just prefer to know if you know what i mean :P With black City's i'm not really sure if anyone can ever tell the year without a tag, and even with a tag, there seems to be a lot of fake tags around.

Did you check your receipt, P-B?

I'm pretty sure that the last time I bought something from George V, the code & year of the item were printed on the computerised receipt. Worth a look! I'd still phone them though and ask if they can give you the relevant cards. Even if the bag is a return or has been held in stock for a while, they should still have them. :smile: