MY FIRST Balenciaga - black first - still have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was actually a really smooth transaction. I just hope they don't turn ugly when I confronted them with the fakeness issue! I just don't understand how they've stayed in business with a website that sells fakes, yet guarantees them to be authentic. Wouldn't they be shut down by now?

Also, if I take it to the Melrose store will they be able to tell me for sure if it is fake? Like is there a way to check the number or something on the tag inside the bag?

some stores entertain authentication, some stores don't? the experts here won't lie to you. i'm not an expert myself and i can tell it's a fake w/o having to ask for more pics (the bag in my avatar is a First). i hope they'll refund you the money w/o much hooha. maybe tell them you'll report them?

i just came from the authentication thread. pls wait for more to confirm it's a fake. i cannot stress often enough that you don't get the real thing by paying just a fraction of the retail price. pls don't harp on the ethics of these businesses already. take this as a lesson learnt and move on.

alot of women cant tell the fake from the authentic and would just assume it's real... or they wouldn't care. or they would get a refund but not report the business. these could all be reasons why they're still in business.

like glossie, i'm not an expert, but even i can tell it's fake. there are some bags which it's difficult to tell... but this isn't one of them. it's very easy to tell.

I just officially sent in a return request on their website. Apparently there is a 15% restocking fee on undamaged items. I told them I shouldn't have to pay it if it is fake, which means it is 100% damaged. They also have an 800 number I called but I only got their voicemail. Must be after hours. I better get my money back!

Thanks for all your help! Disappointing, but good thing I know now instead of walking around with a fake bag thinking it's real!

I'm so sorry but that bag is definitely a fake :sad: There are so many ways I can tell it's fake but one of them is the front where the two hardware pieces are. The leather there looks slighty crooked. Oyy I am just so sorry. I hope you get your money back!!!

I paid using my debit/check card. It went through as credit but the money came out of my checking account. Can I still get them to help me? It would be Bank of America that I would have to go through since the money came out of my account with them.

Yes, I think you should call your bank asap on the chargeback, and not wait for the website to get back to you.

And when you need to send the bag back, please remember to use tracking. As much as possible, keep a paper trail of the whole process to support your claim.

Good luck. Hope everything turns out ok.

I am sorry but I'll have to agree with the other ladies this bag is very fake. In my opinion it is not necessary to take to a Bal. store because there is no question that it is fake. And often the ladies at this forum know a lot more about bbags than they do in the Bal. stores.

I am so sorry this happened to you :sad:

The same thing happened to me when I bought my first bbag in summer 2007, it was a black city (looked exactly like your first, all the fake details) and at that time I really had no idea about how to spot a fake, I just wondered because the leather did not seem smooth at all.

Hope yoo get your money back asap!
good luck!!

Hi all, thanks for the help. I will call my bank today. I didn't know they could charge the money back without me having returned it yet (I have to do that tomorrow). The site I got it from sent me this email:

Euro Bella Collections
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 4161
Detailed Invoice: http://www.eurobellacollections.com/catalog/account_history_info.php?order_id=4161
Date Ordered: Monday 14 April, 2008
The comments for your order are
RMA# 09206419683
Sun Apr 20 07:20:39 2008:
Your request has been approved. There will be NO restocking fee. Your item must be received within 10 days from the date you are issued RMA #. To ensure quality and the handling of your return, all returns are inspected by 2 employees of our company. Make sure the package is properly insured and include your invoice in the package so that we may process your refund accurately. We are not held responsible for lost packages. Please email us your tracking number for the return as this will expedite your refund. Your RMA# must be written on the exterior of the box to be accepted. PLEASE RETURN TO: Euro Bella Collections, 1602 Alton Road #422, Miami Beach, FL, 33139 Kind Regards! *The item will be verified upon receipt.

Your order has been updated to the following status.
New status: Returning
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

It doesn't even mention anything about me claiming how fake the bag was all over my emails to them. I just HOPE they will give me my money back. I paid almost $700 and that could get me a nice AUTHENTIC bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.